Terms and conditions
Vodafone Wallet Terms
About the Vodafone Wallet
The Vodafone Wallet is a mobile application that allows you to easily load and manage wallet services from a choice of providers, if you have a compatible contactless-enabled device. Vodafone Wallet is only available to UK consumers who have a compatible Android device (Android 4.0.3 & above). By downloading the Vodafone Wallet application (“the Application” or “Vodafone Wallet”), you accept the following terms and conditions:
Vodafone makes the Vodafone Wallet available to you, but it contains material which is created and owned by other people. You will not do anything which infringes any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights of any person in and to the content and Vodafone and its licensors expressly reserve all such rights.
We provide you with the Vodafone Wallet under the terms of your existing service agreement with Vodafone. Please check those terms for more details about each of our rights and responsibilities. These terms can be accessed at http://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
The services in the Vodafone Wallet
The services that you load to your Vodafone Wallet are provided by separate service providers. These services may have their own legal terms, privacy policies and eligibility requirements. Your access to Vodafone Wallet does not guarantee that particular services will be available in Vodafone Wallet or that you will be eligible for those services. We are not responsible for the services you use or the products or service you buy through the services in your Vodafone Wallet or for information that you pass to service providers. If you have a problem with a particular service, contact information support is available within the relevant services section of the Vodafone Wallet. One of the services you may be able to use via the Vodafone Wallet is the “Vodafone Pay” feature.
VODAFONE PAY – KEY TERMS
By using the Add a Card feature, you agree to the Vodafone Pay feature Terms, which can be downloaded here.Please make sure you READ THEM IN FULL before accepting, but here’s a summary of some of the most important points. You can also see some helpful FAQs included in the Vodafone Wallet.
What the terms cover, and what they don’t: Vodafone provides the Vodafone Wallet. So that you can make contactless payments through your phone, R. Raphael & Sons plc (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) will issue you with virtual cards that digitally link to your funding source (like a plastic card in your physical wallet, or an online account) under these terms.
How your virtual card works:
• When you input details of your plastic debit or credit card or account issued by an UK bank via payment card in wallet feature, we’ll issue you with a virtual prepaid card. We will digitally link the virtual card with your funding source.
• We’ll store your virtual card in a secure file on your SIM card. Every time you select your card in the payment card in wallet feature and make a payment with it, your funding source account will pay your virtual card, and then your virtual card will pay that money to the retailer.
• You authorise a payment by tapping your mobile phone against a contactless payment terminal (and where asked to do so, by entering your PIN into a keypad or providing a signature).
• Because the payment goes from your funding source to your virtual card before it’s completed, you may not get the same benefits (like loyalty points, discounts and card protection) as you get when paying directly with your funding source.
The restrictions: To use the payment card in wallet feature and your virtual card, you must be 18 years or over and resident in the United Kingdom. We don’t promise that all funding sources are compatible with the service. Other usage restrictions apply, please see the full terms.
When we can refuse transactions, etc: We want to keep your money safe, so if we are concerned about the security of your virtual card or we reasonably suspect it is being used illegally or in an unauthorised or fraudulent way, we might suspend your card or our agreement, or even end them. See the full terms for more information.
Your responsibilities: You’ll set up a Card PIN for the virtual card – keep it secret! You must let us know quickly if you think anyone else knows your Card PIN, if your mobile phone is lost or stolen, or if you think you didn’t authorise a particular transaction or a transaction on your account isn’t what you authorised. You may liable for some transactions which were not authorised by you. See the full terms for more information.
Our responsibilities: We aren’t responsible for what you buy with your virtual card, or for the Vodafone Wallet. Sorry, but we cannot guarantee that your virtual card or the payment card in wallet feature will always be available or able to make payments. This may be interrupted from time to time, for example for maintenance or for technical problems.
A bit more about us: We, the issuer or your virtual card, are R. Raphael & Sons plc (Company Registration No. 1288938) with our head office and registered office at 19-21 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 7ED. We are a UK bank, authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 161302 and permitted to issue e-money.
The Vodafone Wallet is free of charge, but downloading and using the Vodafone Wallet will use data and you will incur any data and roaming charges that apply to your price plan. Some cards or services provided through the Vodafone Wallet may involve fees charged by the service provider.
As part of your use of Vodafone Wallet you have the option to set-up a PIN. You are responsible for keeping your PIN secure and for all activities that are carried out under it.
You are responsible for payment of any data charges you incur in using Vodafone Wallet and for any fee or charge payable in respect of any services accessed in your Vodafone Wallet.
If your device is lost or stolen, or if you suspect that anyone knows your PIN, please contact us immediately.
Vodafone’s responsibilities and exclusion
We will use reasonable efforts to make Vodafone Wallet available to you at all times but cannot guarantee availability or that access to the Vodafone Wallet will be uninterrupted. While we’ll work to keep Vodafone Wallet fault-free, problems may occasionally arise. If this happens, please contact Vodafone customer support on 191 and we will work to resolve them. However, we provide Vodafone Wallet “as is” and we do not guarantee that it will be fault free and we do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions caused by a fault.
We may suspend or withdraw Vodafone Wallet, which we may do without notice at any time if we believe it is necessary, such as for maintenance.
Sometimes we will make changes to Vodafone Wallet or these terms to comply with law or to meet our changing business needs. We will give you at least 30 days’ notice of any changes. By continuing to use Vodafone Wallet, you agree to be bound by these changes.
We may stop your use of Vodafone Wallet at any time by giving notice to you. We may also stop, suspend (in other words bar) or restrict your use of Vodafone Wallet at any time without notice if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have not kept to these terms.
How we use your data for the Vodafone Wallet:
How we use your data for the ‘Vodafone Pay’ feature and for the PayPal application:
We will collect certain information from you, for the following reasons:
• To make it easy for you to register for services – we may pre-complete your registration information when you apply for some services – you can just check it’s accurate
• To confirm your identity – for example, so that our partners can provide you with the services you decide to use, and checking that the names on your Vodafone account and any account that you link with the Add a Card feature are the same;
• To enable your use of the services provided through the Vodafone Wallet – we may use information about your device and SIM card to make sure that you can make payments with your Vodafone Wallet, and for Vodafone and our partners to monitor possible fraudulent usage;
• So that Vodafone and our partners can send you marketing that is tailored to you – unless you have opted out.
By accepting these Terms you authorise PayPal to disclose information about the transactions you make using PayPal in the Vodafone Wallet with: (i) Vodafone, for Vodafone to use as described above, and (ii) with Carta Financial Services Limited for it to be able to provide the services described above.
Also, by accepting these Terms you authorise Carta Financial Services Limited to share with PayPal the data it holds from you and your use of the ‘Vodafone Pay’ feature (including transaction data), that is necessary for PayPal to provide its services to you.
To stop using the Vodafone Wallet, or a service in it
If you want to delete an individual service from your Vodafone Wallet, you should contact the relevant provider, so that they can properly delete their service from your Vodafone Wallet.
If you want to remove the whole Vodafone Wallet, you can either:
• temporarily remove it, by deleting the application from your device – your data will still be stored on the SIM card, and you will be able to re-activate the Vodafone Wallet in future; or
• Permanently remove it, by contacting Vodafone customer services on 191. We recommend this if you definitely don’t want to be able to use your Vodafone Wallet again in the future.
These Terms will be governed by English law unless:
• you live in Scotland, in which case, it will be governed by Scots law; or
• you live in Northern Ireland, in which case it will be governed by the law of Northern Ireland.
For more information or to report any problems please contact us on 191 from your Vodafone mobile.
Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.