What is Vodafone Wallet?
Vodafone Wallet is a digital version of your real wallet. You can store all your payment cards securely in an app, letting you use your smartphone to pay safely.
Vodafone SmartPass is the first digital card that you can add. It lets you pay for anything under £30 by tapping your smartphone anywhere you see the contactless symbol.
Vodafone Loyalty Cards converts your loyalty cards to a digital format and stores them in your Vodafone Wallet – so you can collect loyalty points through your phone.
As we continue to launch new services for Wallet, you’ll soon be able to add other payment cards, vouchers, tickets and more.
Why get Vodafone Wallet?
- Top up your account on the go with a debit or credit card
- Make secure payments with your phone
- Pay anywhere you see the Visa and contactless symbols
- Instantly add funds on the go with no need to find an ATM
Read the full terms and conditions for Vodafone Wallet
Watch the video
How does it work?
Vodafone Wallet is available to Pay monthly and Pay as you go customers. If you have a compatible NFC mobile device you’ll be offered a new NFC-compatible SIM card as part of a phased rollout. To get an NFC SIM to use with your Wallet, just pop into your nearest Vodafone store
After you’ve downloaded your app, you can use it to set up a Vodafone SmartPass account. SmartPass is the first digital card you can add to your Vodafone Wallet. As well as paying for anything under £30 with your smartphone, it enables you to check your balance or instantly add cash on the go.
In the future, you’ll be able to add new cards to your Wallet app when they become available.
With SmartPass installed in your Wallet, you can use it anywhere you see the Visa and contactless symbols.
Check out where you can use your SmartPass with Visa's handy contactless terminal locator
How to use it
- Look for the contactless symbol
- Pay for anything under £30
- Tap your phone on the contactless reader
- Wait for the green light to show your payment's approved
Is it safe?
Both Wallet and SmartPass are very secure. SmartPass uses the same secure technology as Chip and PIN so you can feel totally confident when you’re using it to pay. There’s a maximum amount of £30 allowed for each transaction.
If your phone is lost or stolen, please get in touch with the 24-hour lost and stolen helpline by calling 191 free from a Vodafone mobile phone or 03333 040 191 (standard call charges apply) from any other UK phone. We’ll block your SIM card and lock your SmartPass account immediately so nobody can make contactless payments using your phone.
|HTC||One (M8) |
One mini 2
|LG||Leon LTE |
G Flex 2
G2, G2 Mini
Smart prime 6
Link to help section for devices
Find out all you need to know in our frequently asked questions
Got a Wallet question? Call us free on 191 from your Vodafone mobile.
Got a SmartPass query? Get in touch with our dedicated SmartPass team on 01635 692 198 (standard call charges apply) or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Received a text about the £5 Starbucks promotion with Vodafone Wallet? Find out more
Live or work in London? Now you can travel throughout the capital with Vodafone SmartPass.
Simply tap your phone to pay for journeys on London Underground lines, London Buses, the Tramlink, Docklands Light Railway and London Overground trains. If you’ve registered for SmartPass and have the latest Tag and app, just top up your account and you’re ready to go. Remember to register your SmartPass Tag details with Transport for London. For general questions, check out our FAQs
Watch the video to find out more.
To make sure you’re ready to travel, complete the following steps:
- Check the Google Play store to make sure you have the latest version of the SmartPass app
- Register your SmartPass account details by creating an account on the Transport for London contactless website. You’ll need to provide the 16-digit PAN, expiry date and 3-digit CVV code linked with your SmartPass account. You can find these by selecting ‘Card details’ in the SmartPass app or web portal.
- Rather than queueing for a ticket or topping up your Oyster card, you can add funds onto your Vodafone SmartPass and check your balance on your way to the station
- No need to worry about card clash (which can stop your payment being made if you have more than one contactless payment card in your wallet or purse) or pulling out a debit or credit card
- You can check your journey and payment history on your phone by going to your mobile-optimised TFL online account
- It’s easy to see how much money you have for travel using the SmartPass app. We’ll also alert you when you’ve got a low balance.
- You can take advantage of capping – which means you’ll never be charged more than the daily (or soon, weekly) cap when you travel in London using your Vodafone SmartPass. Find out more
Help and Support
Click the links for more information about fares and contactless payments and refunds, declined or incomplete journeys on Transport for London services. For the latter, you can also call TfL on 0343 222 1234.
For more information about your SmartPass product, please call the Vodafone SmartPass team on 01635 692198 (standard call charges apply) or email us