Access for all
We want everyone to benefit from mobile technology
We’re committed to making sure as many people as possible can enjoy the benefits of mobile technology. Sometimes using a mobile can be difficult for elderly customers or those with sight, hearing or other physical difficulties. We want to make it easy for these customers to use our products and services.
All our customer-facing employees understand the range of products and services we offer customers with disabilities. We also have a team of more than 30 advisers with more advanced training in disability issues. They help customers get the best out of their phones and can recommend smartphones with more accessible audio or visual features.
- Customers with hearing difficulties might benefit from our text-only price plans. We’ve also worked with other mobile operators to develop a service that enables customers to text the emergency services on 999 rather than calling
- All our YouTube help videos are subtitled and British Sign Language (BSL) users can sign up for our free SignVideo BSL Live service
- We offer audio, Braille and large print information and bills. 570 customers use these alternative formats each month
- Eligible customers can register for the free BT Directory Assistance 195. Customers can call 195 from a BT phone to register. Directory enquiry calls are free for the first 95 seconds and 15p a minute after that
- We also offer the Alcatel 2000 and Doro PhoneEasy 632 which are designed to be easy to use for those with limited dexterity or restricted vision or hearing.
Customers can call our accessibility team on 33222 free from a Vodafone mobile or 0333 304 3222 from any other phone (standard call charges apply), or visit the accessibility section of our website