Go online with Wi-Fi - without using your data allowance
What can you do using Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi makes it easy to browse the internet, send and receive emails, and stream music and videos on the go – without eating into your monthly data allowance.
Want to get Wi-Fi on your mobile when you’re out and about?
It’s easy and great value. If you’re travelling on the London Underground, you’ll need to be eligible to use the Wi-Fi, provided by Virgin Media. Alternatively, you should have a Pay monthly plan that includes BT Wi-fi premium hotspots.
Where can you get access?
Getting online using Wi-Fi is a breeze. Go online above the ground with access to thousands of BT Wi-fi premium hotspots throughout the UK. You can also connect to Wi-Fi on the London Underground, provided by Virgin Media, at over 250 Tube stations – over 94% of the London Underground network.
How do you get Wi-Fi on your device?
Want to use WiFi on the London Underground?
Vodafone Wi-Fi is a Wi-Fi connection provided by Virgin Media, which you can use on the London Underground to get access to Wi-Fi in over 250 London Underground stations and Victoria Coach Station. You'll be able to connect to our Wi-Fi portal in many ticket halls, walkways and platforms - with access to everything from your emails to London listings and travel updates. There is no Wi-Fi available in the London Underground tunnels, but as you move through the Underground, your phone will automatically reconnect when in range of the Wi-Fi service.
Who’s eligible for WiFi on the London Underground?
Vodafone Wi-Fi will be included in your plan if you’re one of the following types of customer:
- Pay as you go customers who have a Big Value Bundle
- Pay monthly customers who have data included in their plan
- All business customers
How do you connect to WiFi on the London Underground?
You should be able to connect in seconds. Here’s how to get started:
- Make sure you’ve got Wi-Fi switched on in your settings
- When you go into a London Underground station with Wi-Fi coverage (or Victoria Coach Station), you’ll connect automatically
If you can’t get a connection, check you have a plan with data included – and that you’ve chosen Vodafone Wi-Fi.
The alternative way to connect is by logging in, using your My Vodafone username and password, and then following these easy steps:
- Make sure your device’s Wi-Fi is switched on when you’re in a London Underground station with Wi-Fi available
- In your Wi-Fi settings, choose ‘Virgin Media WiFi’
- Hit the browser button which will take you to the portal, then choose the Vodafone icon
- On the Vodafone registration page, enter your My Vodafone username and password
- Refresh your browser – and off you go
Got a question?
If you have a Pay monthly plan that includes BT Wi-fi, you can get access to BT Wi-fi premium hotspots on your device.
BT Wi-fi on your mobile
Here’s how to get started:
- Make sure you’ve got Wi-Fi switched on in your mobile settings
- When you’re in range of a BT Wi-fi premium hotspot, you need to choose 'Auto-BTWiFi'
If you can’t get a connection, check your plan includes BT Wi-fi access – and that you’ve chosen 'Auto-BTWiFi'
You can also get connected by logging in using your My Vodafone username and password, and then following these steps:
- Make sure your device’s Wi-Fi is switched on when you’re in range of a BT Wi-fi premium hotspot
- In your Wi-Fi settings, choose the BT Wi-fi hotspot
- Hit the browser button which will take you to the portal, and choose ‘Log in with my UK mobile provider’
- Choose Vodafone
- On the Vodafone registration page, enter your My Vodafone username and password – and off you go
BT Wi-fi with My Vodafone on Android
An alternative way to connect is by using the My Vodafone app. Once you’ve downloaded it you need to switch on BT Wi-fi access the first time, by selecting ‘BT Wi-fi Finder’ in settings and switching on 'Enable BT Wi-fi Finder'.
Once Wi-Fi is set up, you can automatically connect when you choose a BT Wi-Fi premium hotspot from your settings.
BT Wi-fi on your laptop or tablet
First, turn on your Wi-Fi and choose your nearest BT Wi-fi premium hotspot. Once you've connected with it, choose ‘Log in with your mobile provider’ and enter your My Vodafone username and password. Then you're online and ready to go.