Go online with Wi-Fi - without using your internet allowance
Want to get Wi-Fi on your mobile when you’re out and about?
It’s easy and great value. You just need to be eligible to use WiFi on the London Underground, provided by Virgin Media. Or have a Pay monthly plan that includes BT Wi-fi premium hotspots.
What can you do via Wi-Fi?
Wi-Fi makes it easy to browse the internet, send and receive emails, and stream music and videos on the go – without eating into your monthly data allowance.
Where can you get access?
Want Wi-Fi access? Getting online is a breeze. Go online above the ground with access to thousands of BT Wi-fi premium hotspots throughout the UK. You can even get online below the ground with our WiFi on the London Underground service provided by Virgin Media.
VodafoneWiFi is a Wi-Fi connection you can use on the London Underground if you have data included in your Vodafone Pay monthly plan, or in your Vodafone Freebee on Pay as you go.
How do you get Wi-Fi on your device?
Want to use WiFi on the London Underground?
Well if you're a Vodafone customer you can. To start with, WiFi on the London Underground will work in over 100 stations.
You'll be able to connect to our Wi-Fi portal in many ticket halls, walkways and platforms - with access to everything from your emails to London listings and travel updates. As you move through the underground, your phone will automatically reconnect when in range of the Wi-Fi service.
Who’s eligible for WiFi on the London Underground?
- Pay as you go customers who have a Freebee with data included.
- Pay monthly customers who have data included in their plan, as well as a supported phone.
- All business customers.
How do you get access to WiFi on the London Underground?
First, check your settings to make sure your Wi-Fi is enabled. Then you’ll connect automatically when you go into an area with Wi-Fi coverage. If you open your web browser, you might be redirected to the VodafoneWiFi page every 45 minutes.
How much does it cost?
If your Pay monthly plan or Pay as you go Freebee comes with data, Wi-Fi will be included in it.
How do you connect?
You should be able to connect in seconds. Here’s how to get started:
- Make sure you’ve got Wi-Fi switched on in your settings.
- When you go into a station with Wi-Fi coverage, you’ll connect automatically.
- If you can’t get a connection, check you have a price plan or Freebee with data included – and that you’ve chosen VodafoneWiFi.
You can also get connected by logging in using your My Vodafone username and password, and then following these easy steps:
- Switch on your device’s Wi-Fi when you’re in a London Underground station with Wi-Fi available.
- In your Wi-Fi settings, choose “Virgin Media WiFi”.
- Hit the browser button which will take you to the portal, then choose the Vodafone icon.
- On the Vodafone registration page, enter your My Vodafone username and password.
- Refresh your browser – and off you go.
Got a question?
BT Wi-fi iPhone & iPad
Just turn on Wi-Fi on your device when you're in a BT Wi-fi premium hotspot - your iPhone or iPad will connect to it automatically. Then open the browser or fire up your apps, and away you go.
BT Wi-fi Android™ & BlackBerry®
The easiest way to connect is by using the My Vodafone app. Once you've downloaded it – and when you're in range and your Wi-Fi's turned on - your phone will connect automatically to the nearest BT Wi-fi premium hotspot.
If you don't have this app, you'll need to connect to the hotspot, open your browser and enter your My Vodafone username and password before you can get online.
BT Wi-fi Laptops, tablets & Windows® Phone™ and other
First, turn on your Wi-Fi and choose your nearest BT Wi-fi premium hotspot. Once you've connected with it, open your browser and enter your My Vodafone username and password. Then you're online and ready to go.