Terms and conditions
Vodafone EuroTraveller on Pay as you go (before 23rd July 2016)
Who can get Vodafone EuroTraveller on Pay as you go?
- Vodafone EuroTraveller on Pay as you go is available to customers on all Pay as you go pricing terms including Vodafone Anytime, Anynet, Smartstep, Smartplus and Simply. It can’t be used with Vodafone Mobile broadband.
- EuroTraveller on Pay as you go is available only for the personal use of Pay as you go customers as an opt-in. Find out about EuroTraveller for Pay as you go customers
- You’ll need to opt in to EuroTraveller on Pay as you go. Once opted in you'll be able to use the minutes and texts from your Big Value Bundle, Freebie Minutes, Freebie Texts, extra minutes or extra texts allowance(s) when travelling in our Europe Zone 1 and 2
- When receiving a call you can chat for up to 60 minutes for free. For each call received that lasts more than 60 minutes, a 20p a minute charge applies from the 60th minute. This is charged in per-second increments.
- For more details on how to opt in and to find out which countries are included see our EuroTraveller on Pay as you go page. Remember to check the countries before you travel as they may change from time to time. When you opt in, EuroTraveller on Pay as you go may take up to 24 hours to become active on your account.
- If you’re opted in to EuroTraveller on Pay as you go, the daily charge will be deducted from your credit when you use your phone to make a call, send a text or use data within our Europe Zone 1 and 2
- The daily charge is applied only on the days you use your phone while in our Europe Zone 1 and 2. Whichever Europe Zone country you’re in, we’ll count a day as midnight to 11.59 UK time. If you travel to another country in Europe Zone 1 and 2 in the same day, you'll pay only the daily charge for that single day you use your phone.
- You can use your UK minutes and text allowances to call UK mobiles and landlines starting with 01, 02, 03 (excluding premium rate and non-geographic numbers which will be charged at the standard UK rate) and to send standard texts.
- The daily charge may take up to 48 hours to be taken from your credit.
- If you have a Big Value Bundle that’s due to automatically renew, this will be given priority in taking your credit over the EuroTraveller on Pay as you go daily charge. This way, you can still enjoy all the benefits of your Big Value Bundle but you’ll need to make sure you still have enough credit remaining to cover the daily charge for EuroTraveller on Pay as you go and.
- You can’t use any international or UK data allowances with EuroTraveller on Pay as you go, but we automatically give all customers 100MB a day to use while roaming in our Europe Zone 1 and 2
- If you make a call or send a text to a non-UK mobile or landline number when travelling in our Europe Zone 1 and 2, you’ll be charged our standard EU roaming rates
- If you exceed your UK minutes and text allowances, or you don’t have extra minutes or texts, you’ll be charged at your standard UK pricing terms rate for making calls and sending texts while abroad as if you were in the UK.
- If you’re opted in to EuroTraveller on Pay as you go, you’ll get 100MB of data each day. If you exceed the 100MB, you’ll be charged our standard rates for using data in our Europe Zone 1 and 2
- Vodafone Family, Vodafone Text Unlimited, £5 Weekend Freebie, Vodafone Freebie International Minutes, Vodafone Freebie Data, Vodafone Extra International minutes or Vodafone Extra Data are not included as part of Vodafone EuroTraveller on Pay as you go.
- To help you control your costs there’s an automatic data spending cap which will cap your monthly data spend at £36.39 (€50). We’ll notify you when you’ve reached 80% and 100% of the spending cap.
- If you do reach the data spending limit, you’ll need to opt out to continue using data for the rest of the calendar month. Once you’ve opted out, the cap will be permanently removed, though you can opt back in at any time.
- If you use any data as part of EuroTraveller on Pay as you go, the daily charge will count towards the monthly data spend cap. When you reach the cap, if you want to carry on using data you’ll need to opt out of the cap. If you don’t opt out of the cap, you won’t be able to use any more data in Europe for the rest of the month, but you will still be able to use EuroTraveller on Pay as you go for minutes or texts and the daily charge will apply.
- If we’re unable to take the daily charge from your credit, we reserve the right to remove the product from your account.
- You can opt out of EuroTraveller on Pay as you go at any time by using the My Vodafone app, calling 5555 free from your Vodafone mobile, or by calling 0333 3048 069 or +44 7836 191 919 from abroad (standard call charges apply).
- On the day you opt out, EuroTraveller on Pay as you go will be removed from your account immediately. You’ll then be charged the standard EU roaming rates even if you’ve already been charged for using EuroTraveller on Pay as you go that day.
- If you opt out of EuroTraveller on Pay as you go, you’ll be charged our standard EU roaming rates when travelling in Europe Zone 1 and 2
- Use of Vodafone EuroTraveller on Pay as you go is subject to these terms, our airtime conditions and pricing terms. We may vary or amend these terms, but if it’s to your disadvantage we’ll notify you.
- For more details, see our Vodafone EuroTraveller for Pay as you go page
How it works
What allowances are included?
Using EuroTraveller on Pay as you go
Please be aware
Who are we?
Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN
Version May 2015