Terms and conditions
Vodafone EuroTraveller (before 19 September 2016)
Who can get Vodafone EuroTraveller?
1. It’s available to Pay monthly customers whose agreement started before 5 May 2016.
2. The following terms and conditions are for personal Pay monthly customers. Pay as you go customers please visit www.vodafone.co.uk/paygeurotraveller for more information about EuroTraveller on Pay as you go. If you’re a business customer, go to www.vodafone.co.uk/workingabroad for more information and terms. Unfortunately, it can’t be used with non-standard business plans and the public sector.
How it works
3. You’ll need to opt in to Vodafone EuroTraveller— unless you’re on a Red Value Bundle (see points 10 and 11). For details on how to opt in and to find out which countries are included, see www.vodafone.co.uk/eurotraveller. Remember to check the countries before you travel as they may change from time to time. When you opt in, Vodafone EuroTraveller may take up to 24 hours to be applied to your account.
4. Once opted in you’ll be able to use your UK minutes, text and data allowances when travelling in our Europe Zone. You’ll be able to use UK data packs, international add-ons and other applicable international bundles. However, you can’t use content bundles, Data Test Drive or any other extras with Vodafone EuroTraveller unless we tell you otherwise.
5. Once you’re opted in, the Vodafone EuroTraveller daily charge will be applied automatically to your bill if:
a. You’re a Pay monthly customer (without a Red Value Bundle) and use your phone in our Europe Zone for:
ii. Calls (including voicemail) or texts to UK mobiles and landlines starting 01, 02 or 03
ii. Calls or texts to mobiles and landlines in our Europe Zone countries, including the country you’re in (excluding premium-rate and non-geographic numbers)
For example, if you make a call or send a text while in France to a French mobile or landline number in France, or make a call or send a text from France to a German mobile number in Spain, the EuroTraveller daily charge will apply and you’ll be using your UK bundle allowance.
b. You’re a Red Value Bundle customer and use your phone within our Europe Zone for:
d. Texts to mobiles in the UK or in our Europe Zone, or to mobiles in our other Europe Zone countries or the one you’re in (excluding premium rate and non-geographic numbers)
For example, if you send a text while in France to a French number in France, or send a text from France to a German mobile number in Spain, the EuroTraveller daily charge will apply and you’ll be using your UK bundle allowance.
The Vodafone EuroTraveller daily charge for Red Value Bundle customers won’t be triggered by making calls (including voicemail) to UK mobiles and landlines starting 01, 02 and 03 from within our Europe Zone.
6. When travelling in our Europe Zone, if you make a call or send a text to a country outside our Europe Zone, you’ll be charged our standard international charges. However, when travelling in our Europe Zone you can still use international add-ons with Vodafone EuroTraveller when making calls or sending texts to a country outside the Europe Zone. For the latest charges, go to www.vodafone.co.uk/calling-abroad-from-the-uk
7. If you exceed your UK bundle allowances, you’ll be charged at your standard UK bundle rate for making calls, sending texts and using data as if you were in the UK. You can find more about these charges at www.vodafone.co.uk/pmcharges
8. The Vodafone EuroTraveller daily charge is only applied on those days when you use your phone from within the Europe Zone. Whichever Europe Zone country you’re in, we’ll count a day as 00:00 to 23:59 local time. If you travel to another country in the Europe Zone on the same day, you’ll only be charged the daily charge once for that one day that you use your phone.
9. You can opt out of Vodafone EuroTraveller at any time by calling 5555 free or texting REMOVE to 40506. On the day you opt out, Vodafone EuroTraveller will be removed from your account immediately. You’ll be billed the daily charge if you use your phone in the Europe Zone on that day.
Red Value Bundles
10. Vodafone EuroTraveller is added automatically to Red Value Bundles, so customers on a Red Value Bundle won’t need to opt in (unless you have previously opted out).
11. Red Value Bundle customers can make free calls (including voicemail) to UK mobiles or landlines (starting 01, 02 and 03 but excluding premium rate and non-geographic numbers) from within our Europe Zone without triggering the EuroTraveller daily charge.
Please note that EuroTraveller Plus is only for our UK customers who are on short holidays or short business trips to countries within our Europe Zone. If you’re permanently roaming abroad - for example, you continuously use your phone from within our Europe Zone for more than 30 days - we may suspend international roaming on your account so you’re no longer able to use your phone abroad. We’ll contact you before we do this.
12. If you have a tablet, dongle or/and Mobile Wi-Fi device, you can use it with Vodafone EuroTraveller as part of your data allowances when travelling in our Europe Zone
13. Your usage will be subject to a daily limit of 500MB per device. If you exceed this daily limit, we may opt you out of EuroTraveller. We’ll notify you before this happens. Once opted out, you’ll then be subject to our standard roaming charges if you continue to use your device when travelling in our Europe Zone. For more information on zones and standard charges, please visit our consumer roaming page at www.vodafone.co.uk/travelling
Please be aware
14. There’s no minimum commitment, but by opting in to Vodafone EuroTraveller you’re opting out of:
a. the European Regulated Roaming Rates (see www.vodafone.co.uk/travelling);
b. any other European offers on your account or bundle;
c. the European monthly data spend cap (see Going Abroad FAQs); and
d. Vodafone Data Traveller, and you’ll be unable to opt back into Data Traveller at a later date.
If you opt out of Vodafone EuroTraveller, you’ll be charged our standard charges when you travel abroad (see Charges) and you’ll be opted back in to the European monthly data spend cap.
15. Use of Vodafone EuroTraveller is subject to these terms, our Pay Monthly airtime agreement and charges guide [PDF: 493KB] We may vary or amend these terms, but if it’s to your disadvantage we’ll notify you. For more details about Vodafone EuroTraveller visit www.vodafone.co.uk/eurotraveller
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.
Updated: April 2016