Terms and conditions
Trade In Offers
Here are the terms and conditions you accept to take advantage of one of our Trade In offers. If you need any more information or have any questions please contact us
1. The offer is only available on the following Vodafone Red and Red Value bundles. Unfortunately, if you’re not taking one of the following “eligible bundles”, you will not be able to sign up to this offer:
|Device||Bundle||Data||Agreement length||Monthly cost (inc. VAT)||Monthly cost (exc. VAT)||Upfront cost (inc. VAT)|
|New iPhone 6s 16GB||Red||2GB||24 months||£44 a month||£36.67 a month||£59|
|New iPhone 6s 16GB||Red||6GB||24 months||£49 a month||£40.83 a month||£29|
|New iPhone 6s 16GB||Red||10GB||24 months||£54 a month||£45 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s 16GB||Red||20GB||24 months||£60 a month||£50 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s 16GB||Red Value||2GB||24 months||£44 a month||£36.67 a month||£109|
|New iPhone 6s 16GB||Red Value||4GB||24 months||£49 a month||£40.83 a month||£59|
|New iPhone 6s 16GB||Red Value||8GB||24 months||£54 a month||£45 a month||£29|
|New iPhone 6s 16GB||Red Value||15GB||24 months||£59 a month||£49.17 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s 16GB||Red Value||25GB||24 months||£65 a month||£54.17 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s 64GB||Red||2GB||24 months||£49 a month||£40.83 a month||£69|
|New iPhone 6s 64GB||Red||6GB||24 months||£54 a month||£45 a month||£19|
|New iPhone 6s 64GB||Red||10GB||24 months||£59 a month||£49.17 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s 64GB||Red||20GB||24 months||£65 a month||£54.17 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s 64GB||Red Value||2GB||24 months||£49 a month||£40.83 a month||£129|
|New iPhone 6s 64GB||Red Value||4GB||24 months||£54 a month||£45 a month||£69|
|New iPhone 6s 64GB||Red Value||8GB||24 months||£59 a month||£49.17 a month||£19|
|New iPhone 6s 64GB||Red Value||15GB||24 months||£64 a month||£53.33 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s 64GB||Red Value||25GB||24 months||£70 a month||£58.33 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s Plus 16GB||Red||2GB||24 months||£49 a month||£40.83 a month||£69|
|New iPhone 6s Plus 16GB||Red||6GB||24 months||£54 a month||£45 a month||£19|
|New iPhone 6s Plus 16GB||Red||10GB||24 months||£59 a month||£49.17 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s Plus 16GB||Red||20GB||24 months||£65 a month||£54.17 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s Plus 16GB||Red Value||2GB||24 months||£49 a month||£40.83 a month||£129|
|New iPhone 6s Plus 16GB||Red Value||4GB||24 months||£54 a month||£45 a month||£69|
|New iPhone 6s Plus 16GB||Red Value||8GB||24 months||£59 a month||£49.17 a month||£19|
|New iPhone 6s Plus 16GB||Red Value||15GB||24 months||£64 a month||£53.33 a month||£9|
|New iPhone 6s Plus 16GB||Red Value||25GB||24 months||£70 a month||£58.33 a month||£9|
2. When you trade in an “old device” we’ll apply a £5 (£4.17 exc. VAT for business customers) discount (“discount”) to your monthly line rental when you take a “new device” on one of the eligible bundles:
- Apple iPhone eligible trade in devices: any fully working iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5, 5s or 5c.
3. The offer is subject to passing our credit check and accepting the Pay monthly airtime conditions or the General Terms (if you’re a business customer). Find out more about our credit check process. Read our Pay monthly airtime agreement or read our General Terms (for business customers).
4. The offer is available to new customers (including transfers from other networks) and existing customers who are eligible to upgrade.
5. The offer only applies for the first 24 months of the eligible bundles. After 24 months (or when you upgrade, whichever is earliest) the discount will be removed from your monthly line rental.
How it works
6. If you pass our credit checks and are eligible, you’ll receive your new device. If you decide you don’t want it any more, please follow our returns process and don’t send in the old device. Hopefully you’ll like your new device, so we’ll arrange for a bag to be sent (within 14 days after receiving your new device) for you to send in your old device. The return address will be provided with the bag. Please don’t send the old device before you receive the bag.
7. Make sure the old device that you’re trading in is in working order and that you’ve removed the SIM card, memory cards and all other content and data. If you don’t, you agree we’re not responsible for any claims, losses or damage relating to the use of the SIM card, memory cards or any data and content arising once you’ve sent in the old device.
8. We recommend you back up any content before sending in your device in. You don’t need to send any accessories such as chargers and headsets. If you do, they won’t change the terms of this offer and we won’t return them to you. We can’t return any SIM cards, memory cards or phones once they’ve been received.
9. It’s your responsibility to send in your old device. We won’t accept any liability for devices that arrive damaged or that don’t arrive. We recommend you use registered or special delivery so you can track where it is and have proof it’s been received. We’ll contact you by email or text to remind you to send in your old device. Once you’ve done that and it’s been checked and meets the criteria, there’s nothing further for you to do but enjoy your new device.
10. If you don’t send in your old device within 14 days of receiving the bag or you send in an old device that is not fully working, you won’t be eligible for the offer and we’ll immediately remove the discount that was applied to your monthly line rental.
11. If you don’t receive a bag or have any other questions about how the offer works please contact us or call 54321 for free from your Vodafone mobile.
What we mean by fully working
12. The old device you send in needs to be complete with no missing, damaged or cracked parts and free from any water damage. It should turn on with a clear screen and be free from any PIN locks. Also, it must not feature on the lost, blocked or stolen checklist (see section 14 for more details).
13. Please note, we can’t return any devices to you once they’ve been posted and received by us; this includes any non-working phones we receive. If you send in a phone which is not fully working, you won’t be eligible for the offer and we’ll immediately remove the discount that was applied to your monthly line rental.
What we mean by the lost, blocked or stolen checklist
14. Mobile Phone Xchange (MPX) will check whether any old devices you send in have been reported as either lost, blocked or stolen against registers maintained by CheckMEND, which is operated by Recipero Limited Devices which are lost, blocked or stolen will be held pending a claim from the police, an insurance company or the registered owner. The relevant authorities will be informed if there is any suspicion that there is a deliberate attempt to commit fraud. We’ll contact you if this happens. If we reasonably believe you knew the phone was stolen, we won’t accept that you’ve honestly complied with the terms of the offer and you won’t be eligible for the offer. We’ll immediately remove the discount that was applied to your monthly line rental.
Our obligations to protect your personal information
Other things you need to be aware of
16. You can't have a Trade In discount alongside any other discount (including, but not limited to, student discount and Vodafone Advantage). As such, if you opt for a Trade In discount, any other discounts you would normally be entitled to won't be valid.
17. We reserve the right to amend the offer and may adjust or cancel the offer at any time. This won't affect anyone who has already taken up and benefited from the offer.
18. Whilst we'll try and fulfil our obligations to run the offer smoothly, we'll not be responsible if something happens which isn't in our reasonable control. This offer is subject to English law, but nothing in these terms and conditions affects any rights which you may have and we can’t exclude.
19. The Trade In parts of the offer are operated and provided by Mobile Phone Xchange (MPX). Once you’ve posted your working phone, ownership of it passes to Mobile Phone Xchange (MPX) when it’s received at their premises.
20. By clicking the ‘trade in your phone’ button, you’re accepting these terms. These terms are in addition to the Pay monthly airtime conditions which we suggest you read before deciding to participate in this offer or the General Terms (for business customers).
21. Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN, Registered in England No, 1471587.
Updated March 2015