- Vodafone Guardian is an application designed to help mobile phone users block unwanted communications to their mobile phone and restrict access to the internet and other features on the phone. Vodafone Guardian is not proposed as a solution to control anti-social activities such as harassment or bullying and this application will not block all harassing or bullying messages. If you are being bullied or harassed, we would recommend that you look at http://parents.vodafone.com/cyberbullying for help and further information.
- Vodafone Guardian’s “I Do Not Accept” blocking function is provided only as a support for the user concerned. Vodafone recommends that the relevant authorities are contacted in any instances of suspected harassment or bullying
- Vodafone Guardian does not prevent callers accessing a voicemail account. Should this cause concern, a user may contact Vodafone customer Care to arrange for voicemail to be disabled. Vodafone Guardian also permits calls to Childline.
- Vodafone Guardian does not block premium text messages. It is however possible to configure Vodafone Guardian to unsubscribe automatically from premium text messages by sending a “Stop” message back to the service.
- In the case of emergency calls, Vodafone Guardian shall disable itself to facilitate such emergency contact. Following any outgoing emergency call, a user should reset his/her mobile phone to ensure the continued application of Vodafone Guardian.
- In the event that a user receives a blocked message, it shall be inserted by Vodafone Guardian into a marked archive. This archive should not be accessed unless considered necessary.
- Where parents or guardians wish to apply Vodafone Guardian to their child’s mobile phone, they may set up a guardian number and password to cover various functions. This extends to controlling their child’s access to Vodafone Guardian’s archive of blocked messages. You are responsible for keeping your password safe.
- Parents or guardians should note that a child may disable Vodafone Guardian at any stage. If so disabled, Vodafone Guardian will send an SMS notification to the listed parent/guardian number.
- Vodafone Guardian works on specific mobile devices – please check that your phone is compatible before you download the app.
- Vodafone Guardian is provided on an entirely "as-is" basis and without warranty of any kind. Responsibility for the use of Vodafone Guardian is strictly and solely that of a user. Unless stated in these terms, Vodafone shall not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused, in connection with any download or use of Vodafone Guardian.
- You must not edit, modify, copy, reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise tamper with Vodafone Guardian.
- You will have to keep to the version of these terms and conditions that is presented to you in your own language. If we make any changes to these terms, we'll make sure that we will give you 30 days' notice by publishing any changes on this page.
- You will be charged for any text messages sent by the app at the standard text message rate in accordance with your tariff. The app is free to download on the Vodafone network.
- We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use Vodafone Guardian for personal (and not business) use only subject to your compliance with these terms. We may add or withdraw features from time to time.
- We own all proprietary rights in Vodafone Guardian. You will not have any right to Vodafone Guardian apart from the right to use Vodafone Guardian in line with these terms.
- You agree that we may transfer our rights and responsibilities under these terms to another Vodafone company. If we transfer our rights and responsibilities to any other organisation, we will let you know. At any time we can reveal any information we consider necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process or government request which may apply. If any of these terms (or part of them) cannot be enforced by any court or other authority, we will delete it from these terms and it will not affect the rest of the terms. We may send you notices by email, text, post or on our website. These terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes will be dealt with by the courts of England and Wales. Nothing in these terms will affect any legal rights you have as a consumer. For more information about your legal rights, contact an organization that can provide advice for consumers
- Vodafone Guardian is provided by Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN, registered number 1471587, VAT Number 569953277. Vodafone is authorised to run a telecommunications system by the Secretary of State who granted Vodafone a licence dated 9th December 1993 under Section 7 of the Telecommunications Act 1984 for the running of the telecommunications systems specified in such licence.