Terms and conditions
Vodafone Data Sharer
Vodafone Data Sharer allows an overall data bundle to be shared between multiple connections within a group. The group is composed of a lead connection, and linking member connections (the “Group”). You are only permitted to have one Group unless we expressly agree otherwise.
The lead connection shall incur all Vodafone Data Sharer charges. In the event there is no lead connection on your account, you shall pay us all data charges incurred in respect of the member connections as though a lead connection was present and as soon as practicable connect a lead connection.
Vodafone Data Sharer is available on eligible business voice price plans with the same or longer commitment period than the Vodafone Data Sharer price plan. Please call customer services or your account manager for more details regarding price plan eligibility.
The Vodafone Data Sharer bundle applies to standard data usage within the UK only (“Bundle”). Out of bundle charges apply as set out in your selected price plan and standard roaming charges apply to all data access from abroad. Please see Vodafone.co.uk/workingabroad for more details of our roaming charges.
Your lead connection cannot have a content bar applied because out of bundle charges will be recorded as content purchases.
All connections in the Group will be permitted to use the Bundle. Any other data bundles will not be available for use but you may still be charged.
We will send you a text when you have used 80% of your Bundle and further text when you have used 100% of your Bundle. You can also text 'DataShare' free to 40560 to check how much data is left in you Bundle. These functionalities are only available to the lead connection.
A minimum commitment period will apply to each connection in accordance with your selected Vodafone Data Sharer price plan unless you select a SIM only option. Early termination charges will apply if you terminate a Vodafone Data Sharer connection before the end of your minimum Vodafone Data Sharer price plan period.
The following terms apply to Vodafone Data Sharer for single plans:
- You may not have more than two member connections in your Group.
- The member connections must be used on data only devices.
- You must have at least one lead connection in your Group.
- The lead connection must be a smartphone.
- Out of Bundle charges in the UK shall be £4.25 ex. VAT per 250MB (or part thereof).
- Data Sharer is not compatible with Data Test Drive.
- If you do not comply with these terms we will text you to advise you to get in touch with us to rectify your non-compliance. If we don't hear from you within 5 working days of our text we shall remove your non-complying connections from the Group and charge you the standard data charges applicable to your price plan.
The following terms apply to Vodafone Data Sharer for sharer plans:
- Your Bundle must average at least 500MB per connection in your Group at all times.
- You shall not migrate to a Vodafone Data Sharer price plan with a lower data bundle without our written consent.
- Vodafone Data Sharer billing does not support automatic cost centre allocations of charges.
- You may migrate your connections to a Vodafone Data Sharer price plan with a larger data bundle subject to payment applicable charges for that price plan.
- All new member connections must terminate with the lead connection.
- Out of Bundle charges in the UK shall be £17 ex. VAT per 1GB (or part thereof).
- We will contact you if you do not comply with these terms to discuss your options for compliance. If you do not select an option, we shall remove non-complying connections from the Group and charge you the standard data charges applicable to your voice plan.
All charges set out in these terms do not include VAT which is chargeable at the prevailing rate.