HTC Trade in offer
HTC One trade in offer
Here are the terms and conditions for the HTC One trade-in offer. If you need any more information or have any questions our contact details are available here.
- You can benefit from an HTC One for £33 (£27.50 Ex. V.A.T.) a month on a 24 months plan (subject to passing our credit check and accepting our General Terms if you trade-in a selected touchscreen device in working order. To find out more about the credit checking process go to www.vodafone.co.uk/protectingyou. This offer is available to new customers and existing customers who are eligible to upgrade.
- The discounted line rental will apply for the duration of the eligible Red Plan . After 24 months (unless you upgrade before then) you'll be charged £37 (£30.83 Ex. V.A.T.) a month on a monthly rolling basis for your Red Plan.
How it works
- If you pass our credit check, you'll receive a HTC One. If you decide you don't want it any more please follow our returns process and don't attempt to trade-in an old phone.
- 14 days after receiving your HTC One we will post you a bag to send us your old phone in. The return address will be provided with the bag. Please don't send your old phone before you receive the bag.
- Make sure the phone you're trading-in is in working order and you've removed the SIM card, memory cards and all other content. If you don't, you agree we're not responsible for any claims, loss or damage relating to the use of the SIM card, memory cards or content arising once you've posted in the phone. You don't need to send us any accessories, such as chargers and headsets. If you do, we will be unable to return them to you. We can't return any SIM cards, memory cards or phones once they've been received.
- It is your responsibility to send in your old phone. We won't accept any liability for phones that arrive damaged or that don't arrive. We recommend you use registered or special delivery. We'll contact you by email or text to remind you to send in the phone. Once you've sent in your old phone we will check that it meets the above requirements. If it does, you will benefit from the discounted monthly line rental of £33 (£27.50 Ex. V.A.T.) per month for 24 months.
- If you do not trade-in an old phone within 14 days, or if you send in a phone that does not meet the above criteria, you will not be eligible for the offer and we'll immediately charge you a minimum of £37 (£30.83 Ex. V.A.T.) a month for your Red Plan.
- If you don't receive a bag or if you have any other questions about how the offer works please contact us or call 54321 from your Vodafone handset.
What we mean by working order
- The phone you send in needs to be complete, without any missing, damaged or cracked parts, and must not have any water damage. It should turn on with a clear screen and be free from any PIN locks. Also, it must not feature on the lost, blocked or stolen checklist.
What we mean by the lost, blocked or stolen checklist
- Mobile Phone Xchange Ltd will check whether the phone you send in has been reported as either lost, blocked or stolen against registers maintained by CheckMEND, which is operated by Recipero Limited (www.checkmend.com). Phones that are lost, blocked or stolen will be held pending a claim from either the Police, an insurance company, or the registered owner. The relevant authorities will be informed if there is any suspicion that there is a deliberate attempt to commit fraud. We'll contact you if this happens. If we reasonably believe you knew the phone was stolen, we won't accept that you've honestly complied with the terms of the offer and you'll be charged a minimum of £37 (£30.83 Ex. V.A.T.) a month, instead of £33 (£27.50 Ex. V.A.T.) a month, for your Red Plan with the HTC One.
Our obligations to protect your personal information
Other things you need to be aware of
- We reserve the right to amend the offer and may adjust or cancel the offer at any time. This will not affect anyone who has already taken up and benefited from the offer.
- Whilst we'll try and fulfil our obligations to run the offer smoothly, we'll not be responsible if something happens which isn't in our reasonable control. This offer is subject to English law but nothing in these terms and conditions affect any rights which you may have and we can't exclude.
- The trade in parts of the offer are operated and provided by Mobile Phone Xchange Ltd. Once you've posted your working phone, ownership of it passes to Mobile Phone Xchange Ltd when it's received at their premises.
- By clicking the ‘trade in your phone' button you're accepting these terms. These terms are in addition to the General Terms which we suggest you read before deciding to participate in this offer. You can find these terms here.
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN, Registered in England No, 1471587.
17 August 2013