iPhone Trade in offer
How to trade in your iPhone 5
If you’re happy with your iPhone 5 and you’ve had it for a couple of weeks, we’ll send you a bag so you can send us the phone that you want to trade in.
The phone you’re sending back to us has to be a touchscreen, in good working order and needs to bean iPhone, Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Sony or BlackBerry.
All you have to do is pop the phone in the bag we send to you and return it to us – we’ll take it from there.
If you don’t send us a phone or if your phone isn’t in good working order, not touchscreen or an iPhone, Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Sony or Blackberry), you’ll lose your discount, so you’ll pay the full £42 (£35 exc. VAT) a month for the rest of your plan.
Terms and conditions
iPhone 5 trade-in offer
This offer is only available on the Vodafone Red plan. Unfortunately if you are not taking this plan, you will not be able to sign up to this offer. You will also not be eligible for this offer if you wish to take up our 4G Promise. Here are the terms and conditions you accept to take advantage of our iPhone 5 trade in offer. If you need any more information or have any questions please contact us on www.vodafone.co.uk/contactme.
- You can have an iPhone 5 for a minimum of £37 (£30.83 ex VAT) a month for 24 months (subject to passing our credit checks and accepting the Pay Monthly Airtime Conditions or the General Terms (if you are a business customer) if you trade-in a selected touchscreen smartphone phone in working order. To find out more about our credit check process go to www.vodafone.co.uk/protectingyou. To read our Pay Monthly Airtime Agreement go to http://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-this-site/terms-and-conditions/pay-monthly-airtime-conditions or to read our General Terms (for business customers) go to http://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-this-site/terms-and-conditions/general-terms/index.htm.
- The offer is available to new customers (including transfers from other networks) and existing customers who are eligible to upgrade.
- The offer only applies for the first 24 months of the eligible Red Plan. After 24 months (unless you upgrade before then) you’ll be charged a minimum of £42 (£35 ex VAT) a month on a monthly rolling basis for your Red Plan.
- If you pass our credit checks and are eligible, you’ll receive an iPhone 5. If you decide you don’t want it any more please follow our returns process at www.vodafone.co.uk/returns and don’t send in the phone you were going to.
- Hopefully, you’ll like your iPhone 5 so we’ll arrange for a bag to be sent to you (after 14 days of receiving your iPhone 5), for you to send in the phone you want to trade-in. The return address will be provided with the bag. Please don’t send the phone before you receive the bag.
- Make sure the phone you’re trading-in is in working order and you’ve removed the SIM card, memory cards and all other content and data. If you don’t, you agree we’re not responsible for any claims, losses or damage relating to the use of the SIM card, memory cards or any data and content arising once you’ve sent in the any phone. We recommend you back up any contents before sending a phone in. You don’t need to send any accessories such as chargers and headsets. If you do, they won’t change the terms of this offer and we won’t return them to you. We can’t return any SIM cards, memory cards or phones once they’ve been received.
- It’s your responsibility to send in your phone. We won’t accept any liability for phones that arrive damaged or that don’t arrive. We recommend you use registered or special delivery so you can track where it is and have proof it’s been received. We’ll contact you by email or text to remind you to send in the phone. Once you’ve done that and it’s been checked and it meets the criteria, there’s nothing further for you to do but enjoy your iPhone 5.
- If you don’t send in a phone within 14 days of receiving the bag or you send in a phone that does not meet the above criteria, you won’t be eligible for the offer and we’ll immediately start to charge you a minimum of £42 (£35 ex VAT) a month and not £37 (£30.83 ex VAT) a month for your Red Plan with the iPhone 5.
- If you don’t receive a bag or if you have any other questions about how the offer works please contact us at http://vodafonebuyback.co.uk/Support.aspx or call 54321 from your Vodafone handset.
What we mean by working order
- The phone you send in needs to be complete with no missing, damaged or cracked parts and free from any water damage. It should turn on with a clear screen and be free from any PIN locks. Also, it must not feature on the lost, blocked or stolen checklist (see below for more details).
- Mobile Phone Xchange Ltd will check whether the any phone you send in has been reported as either lost, blocked or stolen against registers maintained by CheckMEND which is operated by Recipero Limited (www.checkmend.com). Phones which are lost, blocked or stolen will be held pending a claim from either the Police, an insurance company, or the registered owner. The relevant authorities will be informed if there is any suspicion that there is a deliberate attempt to commit fraud. We’ll contact you if this happens. If we reasonably believe you knew the phone was stolen, we won’t accept that you’ve honestly complied with the terms of the offer and you’ll be charged a minimum of £42 (£35 ex VAT) a month and not £37 (£30.83 ex VAT) a month for your Red Plan with the iPhone 5.
- We reserve the right to amend the offer and may adjust or cancel the offer at any time. This will not affect anyone who has already taken up and benefited from the offer.
- Whilst we'll try and fulfil our obligations to run the offer smoothly, we'll not be responsible if something happens which isn't in our reasonable control. This offer is subject to English law but nothing in these terms and conditions affect any rights which you may have and we can’t exclude.
- The trade in parts of the offer are operated and provided by Mobile Phone Xchange Ltd. Once you’ve posted your working phone, ownership of it passes to Mobile Phone Xchange Ltd when it’s received at their premises.
- By clicking the ‘trade in your phone’ button you’re accepting these terms. These terms are in addition to the Pay Monthly Airtime Conditions which we suggest you read before deciding to participate in this offer http://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-this-site/terms-and-conditions/pay-monthly-airtime-conditions or the General Terms (for business customers) http://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-this-site/terms-and-conditions/general-terms/index.htm.
How it works.
What we mean by the lost, blocked or stolen checklist
Our obligations to protect your personal information
Other things you need to be aware of
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN, Registered in England No, 1471587.