Not all broadband is the same
Ofcom have reported* that households with fibre broadband use on average 112GB of data each month. That’s a lot of streaming, shopping, sharing and socialising.
Unlike some providers, we don’t put any caps or limits on usage, so you’re free to go online as much as you like without the worry of being charged extra.
We also don’t manage online traffic or slow down usage during peak times. So you should get the same connection speeds every hour of the day, with no danger of missing out when you need it the most.
The more people using the broadband connection in your home at the same time, the higher the speed you’ll need for everyone to get a great experience.
- Unlimited Standard Broadband 17 is ideal for small households who browse the internet and stream TV or movies together
- Unlimited Fibre 38 is ideal for households where more than 2 people are likely to stream TV, or movies on one device while browsing the web on another
- Unlimited Fibre 76 is ideal for busy households where everyone wants to be connected at once, with streaming, gaming and browsing happening on multiple devices all at once
Upload speeds matter – they determine how quickly you can send emails, post photos on Facebook, or upload videos to YouTube or Periscope. They’re also really important when you’re on a Skype video call or playing online games.
The maximum upload speeds for our packages are:
- Unlimited Standard Broadband 17 – 2Mbps
- Unlimited Fibre 38 – 10Mbps
- Unlimited Fibre 76 – 20Mbps
Please note that the upload speed available to you depends on your location, with all equipment meeting minimum specifications, being fully functional and working at full speed. Not all customers will be able to achieve maximum upload speeds at all times.
* Based on Ofcom’s Connected Nations 2015 report, published 1 December 2015.