Welcome to your new wallet
Vodafone Pay is part of the Vodafone Wallet. You can add all your credit and debit cards, plus your PayPal account, for fast, secure, contactless payments. You can even add your loyalty cards, so you can rack up the points as you shop.
Why get Vodafone Pay?
- Forget fumbling for cards. Vodafone Pay puts all your ways to pay in one place – even PayPal. And setting it up is easy
- Works with any UK debit and credit cards from Visa and Mastercard® - and it even works with Paypal
- Fly through checkouts, pay points and tills with just one tap, wherever you see a contactless sign
- Spending over £30? You'll just need to enter a PIN
- No signal? No power? No problem. For payments under £30, Vodafone Pay even works when your phone is switched off, or your battery has run out
Plus, with Vodafone Loyalty Cards you can convert your loyalty cards to a digital format and store them in your Vodafone Wallet – so you can collect loyalty points with your phone.
Read the full terms and conditions and privacy notice for Vodafone Wallet.
Watch the video
How does it work?
Vodafone Wallet is an Android app for Near Field Communication (NFC)-compatible mobile devices. Using Vodafone Pay, it stores all your credit and debit cards, plus your PayPal account, together in one place.
Getting started is easy
1. Download Vodafone Wallet from Google Play
2. If you don’t have an NFC SIM, the app will take you through the ordering process and we'll pop one in the post, or order one now
3. Once you’ve activated your SIM, open the app and add your credit and debit cards by taking their picture. Got a PayPal account? Add that too with your existing username and password.
Then you’re ready to go – simply tap and pay whenever you see the contactless sign.
With Vodafone Pay in your wallet, you can pay for anything up to the value of £30 anywhere you see the contactless symbol.
How to use it
It’s just like using a contactless card. Simply tap your phone on the reader, wait for the beep and confirmation of payment approved.
Forget fumbling for the right card and remembering its PIN – for larger value payments, you'll need to know the card PIN which you choose when setting up your card.
Is it safe?
Wallet and Vodafone Pay are very secure. When you make a payment we don’t pass your actual card details to the merchant. We send them a virtual card number instead – making the service quick, safe and secure.
If your phone is lost or stolen, please get in touch with the 24-hour lost and stolen helpline by calling 191 free from a Vodafone mobile phone or 03333 040 191 from any other UK phone (standard call charges apply). To block Vodafone Pay and cancel your virtual cards, please call the free 24-hour support line on 08000 148 902.
|HTC||One (M8) |
One mini 2
|LG||Leon LTE |
G Flex 2
G2, G2 Mini
Smart prime 6
Link to help section for devices
If your phone’s been lost or stolen
There are two things you need to do:
- First, call us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile, or 03333 040 191 from any other mobile or landline (standard call charges apply). We’ll immediately block your Near Field Communication (NFC) SIM card and arrange for a replacement to be sent out.
- Then contact the Vodafone Pay team on 08000 148 902 (free from UK landlines and mobiles). The team will block your account so that no further transactions can be made with your phone. This won’t affect your physical payment cards, so there’s no need to replace them.
Find out all you need to know in our frequently asked questions
Got a question about Wallet? Call us free on 191 from your Vodafone mobile.
Got a Vodafone Pay query? Get in touch with our dedicated Vodafone Pay team on 08000 148 902 (free from UK landlines and mobiles) or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help with PayPal? Call free on 08000 148 902 or email the team at email@example.com
Live or work in London? Now you can travel throughout the capital with Vodafone Pay. Simply tap your phone to pay for journeys on London Underground, London Buses, the Tramlink, Docklands Light Railway and London Overground trains.
To make sure you’re ready to travel, complete the following steps:
1. Check the Google Play store to ensure you have the latest version of Vodafone Wallet
2. While travelling on TfL please make sure you always tap in and out with the same card. Please don't tap in with your phone and out with your plastic card as this will incur multiple charges.
If you need to contact TfL with any queries, you can see your virtual card details in Settings > TfL settings - just switch these to 'ON'.
- Rather than queueing for a ticket or topping up your Oyster card, just tap and go
- No more fumbling for a contactless card at a busy station – and there’s no risk of card clash (which can result in much higher charges)
- You can check your journey and payment history on your phone by visiting your TFL online account
- You can take advantage of capping – which means you’ll never be charged more than the daily or weekly cap when you travel in London using Vodafone Pay. Find out more
Help and Support
Remember to register your Vodafone Pay virtual card details with Transport for London. You can find these under TfL card details in the Vodafone Pay part of the app.
Follow the links for more information about fares and contactless payments and refunds, declined or incomplete journeys on Transport for London services. For the latter, you can also call TfL on 0343 222 1234 (standard charges apply).
Vodafone Pay is issued by R. Raphael & Sons plc, pursuant to license by MasterCard® International Incorporated or Visa Europe Ltd, depending on the nature of the funding source. Raphael’s Bank is a UK Bank authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (registration number 161302) and is permitted to issue e-money. Head office and registered office at 19-21 Shaftesbury Ave, London W1D 7ED, company registration number 01288938.