What is iCloud?
iCloud securely stores your photos, videos, documents, music, apps, and more - and keeps them updated across all your devices. It lets you easily share your stuff with friends and family.
Do I need to have an Apple ID to use iCloud?
An Apple ID is required to be able to sign up to iCloud, and you only need one to sign in to all of your Apple services. You can create your Apple ID when you set up a new device or sign in to iTunes or iCloud for the first time. You can also go to appleid.apple.com/account to create one.
Who is eligible for this offer?
- Any Vodafone customers using any Apple device.
- Customers currently on the 5GB iCloud storage plan are eligible for three months free storage on the 200GB plan. Those without an iCloud account can easily create one and redeem the offer immediately. Customers need to be signed into iCloud and have a valid payment method on file, or will be asked to sign in and add one once they select the plan they want to redeem. The customer’s Apple ID needs to have a billing address within the country or region.
- Customers already on a paid plan (50GB, 200GB, 2TB) are not eligible for the offer, contact Apple for support: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/icloud
How do I receive the code for the offer?
- The link to claim your free 3 month iCloud subscription can be found in your Welcome Email from Vodafone.
- You can also find the link here: http://redeem.apple.com/vodafoneuk?online
- Once you have selected the link, follow the redemption flow
- You can then confirm you are happy to proceed and the new costs once the trial finishes.
- Lastly you will see a confirmation page to confirm you have redeemed the 3 month free trial and are happy to pay the £2.49 per month, thereafter.
Do I need to be on the device I purchased to claim the offer?
The simple answer is no, you can be on any device and internet browser, as long as you are logged into the iCloud account you wish to activate the free trial for. You will be prompted to login as part of the redemption flow.
What happens if I want to cancel the iCloud storage once the 3 month trial has ended?
If you would like to cancel, you can do so via your iOS device or via logging into your iCloud account on an internet browser.
Please note that if you have gone over your standard free 5GB iCloud storage and are wanting to cancel, then you will have 180 days (from the date you cancel) to remove any additional documents, pictures, movies etc. which are using up the additional storage. More guidance can be found here: support.apple.com/icloud
What happens after the trial?
If you are keeping the iCloud storage at 200GB, then the bank account linked to your Apple account will be charged a monthly reoccurring free of £2.49 per month. For more information, please refer to support.apple.com/icloud