Terms and conditions
Buying online (before July 2011)
1. Your agreement with us
By ordering from us you agree you've read and accepted these terms which are made up of the following:
- These buying online terms
- If you're purchasing a pay monthly product and/or service the Pay monthly airtime conditions
- If you're purchasing a pay as you go product and/or service the Pay as you go airtime conditions
- The terms relating to use of this site
Some products or services may be subject to additional terms or provided by third parties. We recommend you read such terms before proceeding with your order.
2. Your status
If you're an individual, and you're placing an order you must be 18 years or older and resident in the UK or incorporated as a business in the UK to purchase any products or services from us.
3. Your order
When you order products and services from this site we treat this as an offer from you to purchase such products and services. We may refuse to accept such orders for any number of reasons such as a failure to meet credit check criteria, unavailability of products or services, product or pricing errors.
On receipt of your order we'll send you an email describing the products and services you've ordered. These communications confirm we've received your order but do not represent any acceptance of your offer to purchase products or services from us. We're not legally obliged to provide the products and services to you during the offer process (before the contract is completed). The contract between you and us will only be completed when we dispatch the products to you. Any products or services on the same order which have not been dispatched to you do not form part of that contract.
We only accept a maximum of 3 pay as you go products in orders placed by you within 90 days. Our pay monthly products and services are subject to a credit check. Please read our credit check notice for more information on what we do.
4. Price and payment
Despite our efforts sometimes information, discounts, promotions, e-vouchers and prices on this site may be incorrect. However, we do try to check these as part of our order processing and if we spot an error we'll contact you.
Prices are inclusive of VAT unless we state otherwise. Payment will be debited from your card at the point of dispatch of the products or provision of the service to you. If we're unable to supply the products or services to you, we'll notify you and refund the relevant amounts if debited from your card.
Discounts and e-vouchers may be subject to additional conditions, are not transferable and only valid for the products and services to which they relate.
5. Availability and delivery
We try to provide you with availability information for products and services on this site. Beyond what we say on such pages we can't be more specific about availability and delivery dates. Delivery dates are estimates only and as we process your order we'll inform you if any products or services on your order turn out to be unavailable or delayed for any reason.
6. Right to cancel and return products
If you're a consumer customer you've the right to cancel your online order no later than 7 working days after the day you receive your products or services or welcome letter or email whichever is the later. This applies to all products except for digital items and unsealed software such as music and games which have been unsealed or downloaded or used.
To cancel your order within this period and to arrange the return of products please call customer services or contact us.
If you decide to cancel your order please note the following:
- You'll be responsible for the cost of returning the products (including any additional items sent with your product such as chargers and headsets) to us unless we (i) provide you with a free to return envelope or (ii) delivered them to you in error or (iii) the product was damaged or defective at the date of delivery to you;
- You'll need to take reasonable care of the products until they're returned or collected by us. We recommend you pack the products securely and use a recorded-delivery service to return any high value products to us;
- We have the right to charge you for any direct costs incurred in collecting the products and missing items and we may deduct these from any sums owed to you;
- We'll refund the original purchase price (less any discounts we applied at the time of your purchase) for the products or service you're cancelling together with the delivery charge to you (unless the delivery charge was a priority or express delivery cost) as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 30 days of receiving your cancellation request;
- You'll still be responsible for paying for any services such as line rental, call charges and data used up to the date of cancellation;
- Products received as part of an e-voucher or promotion on the order you're cancelling need to be returned in addition to any other products.
Please see our faulty returns policy if you're experiencing any problems with the products or service you've purchased from us.
7. Your personal information
8. Our liability to you
We're legally responsible to you if our negligence causes death or personal injury but we're not responsible to you for any:
- Business loss, lost business or missed opportunities
- Loss of profits or income
- Loss of use of the services
- Special losses
- Loss of data
- Loss arising from delay or failure to deliver products or services; or
- Any loss or damage that is not directly caused by us or which we couldn't reasonably expect at the time we entered into the agreement with you or because of something outside of our reasonable control.
If you're a consumer, the terms of this agreement won't affect any legal rights which you may have under any law and which we can't exclude.
We'll send you notices by email, post, text, voicemail or other form of electronic message. Please tell us about any changes to your contact details so we can contact you in relation to your order or use of our services.
We may update these terms from time to time, so please check the then-current version before you place your order.
These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you (and us) agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales.
10. Our details
Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN. If you have any questions about your order or our services please contact us.
Version May 2011