Terms and conditions
Buying Online (before May 2011)
Please see the Airtime Conditions for either Pay Monthly or Pay as you go, as these form part of your agreement with us:
"Conditions" means these terms and conditions and the "Special Conditions";
"Goods" means goods displayed for sale on the Website;
"Online Sales" means sales of Goods and Services conducted through the Website;
"Product Description" means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Good or Service are provided;
"Services" means services displayed for sale on the Website;
"Special Conditions" means the terms and conditions in the Product Description referred to in Clause 8.1;
"Users" means the users of the Website collectively;
"User Information" means the details provided by you on any application to buy Goods or Services from us via the Website;
"Us/Our/We/v-store.co.uk" means Data Select Limited trading as V-store, a company registered in England and Wales under the number 2142673 with registered office located at Network House, Globe Park, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1LY, United Kingdom;
"Website" means the website located at www.v-store.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it; and
"You/Your" means a user of the Website.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the item/items You have ordered is not available from stock You will be contacted by e-mail or phone (if you have given Us details) and You will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel Your order. All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information. However, We reserve the right to change prices without prior notice to You.
- The purchase of Pay as you go handsets is limited to 2 per customer.
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in Our power to do so, to keep the details of Your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on Our part We are not liable for any loss You may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data You provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
- You warrant that the User Information which You are required to provide when You make an offer to buy Goods or Services via the Website is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that You are not authorised to use.
- If You are a private consumer, You may cancel any purchase ordered by You at any time within 7 days of receipt (exceptions apply) of the Goods or Service without incurring any obligation or liability to Us, however, You may not cancel any Service ordered from Us once we have started to provide it to You. If You choose to do this, You must notify Us in writing as set out in clause 9. Within 30 days of receipt of a valid notification that You wish to cancel any order, We will refund all monies You have paid to Us.
Offers to purchase and descriptions of goods/services
- Each Good or Service purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional specific terms and conditions related to that Good or Service including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery times and any warranties.
- Any order made by You will be treated as an offer to purchase Goods or Services from Us. The contract between You and Us will only be completed when We despatch the Good to You or commence the provision of the Services, as the case may be, or when We debit Your credit or debit card, whichever is the earlier. The sale contract is therefore completed in London, England. We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase made by You at any time.
- You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgement of Your order which You may receive from Us shall not amount to Our acceptance of Your offer to purchase Goods or Services advertised on the Website.
Right of cancellation
- If You are purchasing the Goods or Services for private use (i.e. as a consumer as opposed to for business use), You have the right to cancel any contract completed within 7 days of receipt by You of the Goods or Services ("Cancellation Period").
- If you do cancel a contract you must:
- either notify us in writing to V-Store Ltd, Network House, Globe Park, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1LY, United Kingdom, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0333 304 0120.
- retain possession of the Goods.
- take reasonable care of the Goods or Services until We collect the Goods from You, or You deliver the Goods to Us; and
- ensure that the Goods are returned or are made available for collection (as the case may be) in the same condition as it was when it was delivered to, or collected by, You (as the case may be).
- If You do cancel a contract, then We will notify You of when We wish to collect the Goods. We will collect the Goods or Services within 21 days of Our receiving notification of cancellation. We have the right to charge You for any direct costs incurred in collecting the Goods and will, at Our option, deduct these from any sum owed to You. Alternatively, if You wish, You may return the Goods to Us, during working hours, at Our nearest place of business, details of which can be obtained on Our Website (www.v-store.co.uk/) or by emailing us at email@example.com
- If you do cancel a contract, we will refund the monies you have paid to us within 30 days of you giving us cancellation notice.
Your personal data
- We respect Your personal information and undertake to comply with applicable Data Protection legislation from time to time in place.
- We confirm that any personal details which You provide to Us (or which are available on public registers) from which We can identify You are held in accordance with Our Data Protection Registration. When You register with us We consider the information You provide as private. We use the information for the following purposes:
- processing Your Account;
- for statistical purposes to improve the service We give to You;
- to administer Our business;
- unless You have already objected during the registration process, to notify You of products or services that may be of interest to You; and
- unless You have already objected during the registration process, to be disclosed to other members within Our group of companies and also to other relevant third parties, who may contact You about their products or services that may be of interest to You.
- If You do not want Us to notify You about products and services that may interest You, or You do not wish Us to transfer Your data to group companies and third parties so that they can contact You about their products or services, and have not objected during the registration process, please write to us C/O the Data Protection Controller, Network House, Globe Park, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1LY, United Kingdom stating Your full name, address, Your e-mail address and Your mobile phone number and notify Us accordingly.
- We may also at Our discretion choose to sell, trade, rent or otherwise disclose Your personal information to trustworthy third parties situated within the EEA or in countries approved by the Data Protection Commissioner. You may instruct Us not to do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, We may provide aggregate statistics about Our Services, competitions, clients, traffic patterns, and other site information to third parties, provided that a single person is not identifiable in such data.
- Subject to Your rights of objection set out above, and Your right of objection in the registration process, You agree that You do not object to Us, Our group companies or third parties contacting You for any of the above purposes whether by fax, telephone, e-mail, in writing or by SMS and You confirm that You do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of Your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
- In the event that Your personal information is no longer used by Us for the purposes outlined in paragraph 10.2 we will delete it except insofar as it is necessary to retain such information to comply with other relevant or applicable law.
- In the event that Your personal data becomes untrue, inaccurate or incomplete, or in any event, You have the right to access Your personal data and may rectify the same.
- We reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests or requests by the police investigating suspected illegal activities, to operate Our systems properly or to protect Ourselves or other Users. We also reserve the right to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning Your use of the Website, and that use is deemed by Us inconsistent with the Conditions.
- Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card. Payment will be debited and cleared from Your account at the point of despatch of Your Goods or provision of the Service to you.
- You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is Yours.
- All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer and We may share Your personal information with such third parties as are necessary to enable Us to do such checks. If the issuer of Your payment card refuses to authorise payment to Us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Eligibility to purchase
- The purchase of Goods or Services is limited to parties that lawfully can enter into and form contracts on the Website under English law and who are resident or incorporated in the United Kingdom. This means that if You are an individual, You must be 18 years or older to purchase any Goods or Services via the Website and by offering to purchase any Goods or Services You represent to us that You are 18 years of age or older. To register, You must provide Your real name, phone number, e-mail address, credit card details and other requested information.
- The Website is available only to individuals and companies or partnerships who We, in our absolute discretion, consider eligible. The eligibility criteria include, without limitation, those who have been issued a valid credit card by a bank acceptable to Us, whose applications are acceptable to Us and who have authorised Us to process a charge or charges on their credit card in the amount of the total purchase price for any Goods or Services which they purchase.
- By making an offer to buy any Goods or Services, You specifically authorise Us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about You from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to Your credit-card number or credit reports, to authenticate Your identity, to validate Your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
- There may well be occasions when you are unhappy with the service that has been provided to You by The v-store.co.uk. In these cases, v-store.co.uk endeavours to be fair and efficient in handling any complaint You should have and that Your complaint will be processed confidentially.
- If You have a complaint, please send Us a letter to this address (v-store.co.uk, Customer Care Department, Network House, Globe Park, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1LY, United Kingdom) or an e-mail to this address (email@example.com).
- We endeavour to give You an answer within 5 working days and will provide You with a likely timescale for resolving the dispute. We will keep You informed about the progress of Your complaint.
- We undertake to check Our system regularly for handling complaints and We welcome any suggestion You may have in relation to how this system may be improved.