Vodafone Catch the Sun promotion – terms and conditions
Here you can find useful information about the prize draw, including how to enter, the prize, and how it’ll be run.
How to enter
- The prize draw will open at 12.01 am on 27 August and will close at 11.59 pm on 31 August 2015. This is the promotional period.
- To be eligible to enter the prize draw, you must have received a Catch the Sun email or text message (“promotional messages”). As our promotional messages are sent to selected Vodafone customers, you could get one at any time.
- If you’ve opted out of Vodafone marketing messages in the past, you won’t receive our promotion messages.
- You can enter the prize draw by following the instructions on the promotional message you receive, which will be one of the following methods:
Entry with the Aurasma app
i. To enter, you must download the image recognition application, Aurasma. This application is available to download on Android and iOS phones via the App Store or Google Play
ii. Using the Aurasma app, photograph the word ‘Vodafone’ in any of our media – this can include posters, taxis and print advertisements.
iii. After scanning ‘Vodafone,’ we’ll let you know if you’ve found the sun. Each time you find the sun you’ll receive a unique sun code, which you’ll need to text to 97888 free from your Vodafone mobile to be entered into the prize draw.
iv. Using this method, you can enter as many times as you want. Each time you find a sun and text your unique sun code to 97888, you’ll be entered into the prize draw.
Entry by text message
v. To enter, you must tell us where the sun is hiding by texting one of the key words from the promotional messages to 97888 free from your Vodafone mobile.
vi. We’ll send you a text message to let you know if you’ve found the sun. If you have, you’ll be entered into the prize draw.
vii. You can only enter once using this method.
- You won’t be able to enter this prize draw if:
i. You don’t live in the UK
ii. You’re under 16 years old –- if you’re aged between 16 and 18 you must have permission to enter from a parent or guardian.
- Entry isn’t open to Vodafone employees or contractors.
- You’ll need to have a UK bank account to be eligible to accept the prize.
Winner and prize
- There is one prize of £2,500 in cash towards your holiday.
- The winner will receive a £2,500 cash prize, paid by cheque and sent to you by recorded delivery. If you don’t have a UK bank account, you won’t be eligible to take the prize. There’s no alternative prize and the prize won’t be substituted.
- The winner is responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with the prize.
- The winner will be selected independently, at random, from the eligible entries. The draw will take place at 4pm on 2 September 2015, after which we’ll contact the winner by phone. If we’re unable to contact you within seven days, we’ll pick another winner.
- If the prize isn’t available for any reason, we’ll replace it with a prize of equivalent value.
- If you can’t accept the prize for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible and an alternative winner will be chosen. No additional prize will be provided.
- We don’t allow you to transfer your prize to someone else.
- Please allow up to 28 days from notification of the win for delivery of the cheque. We rely on other companies to get the cheque to you, so we’re not responsible for any loss outside our reasonable control. But if you don’t receive your cheque, please contact us.
- Winners will only qualify to receive the prize once all their details and eligibility have been verified and confirmed, including compliance with these terms and conditions.
Publicity and content
- We’ll use your details to run the prize draw and contact you if you win. We may need to provide your name if people contact us for the name of the winner. We won’t keep your details any longer than necessary for successful completion of the prize draw, or send you marketing messages unless you’ve agreed to this.
- The winner’s name won’t be displayed. However, if you send an SAE to Catch the Sun Promotion, Head of Base Value Management at Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN by 1 December 2015, we’ll send you the name of the winner.
- Whilst we’ll try and fulfil our obligations to run the prize draw smoothly, we won’t be responsible if something happens that’s beyond our reasonable control.
- We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries, and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or don’t comply with these rules.
- By entering the prize draw, you accept these terms. Our decisions are final and we reserve the right not to enter into detailed correspondence with you.
- This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed, associated with or administered by any third party.
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.