The Lions Series™ iPhone 12 Pre-order Prize Draw (16-23 October 2020)
Entry Process: Pre-Order Period and Sign-Up Period
You may pre-order an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro from Vodafone Limited ("Pre-Order") between 13.00 GMT on 16 October 2020 and 12.59 GMT on 23 October 2020 (the "Pre-Order Period").
If you Pre-Order during the Pre-Order Period, you will receive a SMS (using the number associated with the My Vodafone App) after the Pre-Order Period closes. The SMS will let you know that you then have 48 hours (the "Sign-Up Period") to opt in to the Prize draw, and provide further details about the entry process (1 entry per person who has made a Pre-Order, regardless of the number of iPhones/Pre-Orders).
There is one prize, which shall include:
- 4 x tickets to one of the three Test matches between The British and Irish Lions ("Lions") and a South African (SARU) team during the Lions Tour of South Africa ("RSA") (particular Test match at Vodafone's discretion)
- Hotel accommodation (4* or higher) for minimum of 3 nights in RSA (2 rooms for 4 people)
- Return economy flights to RSA from a London airport for 4 people
- Return transfer from a RSA airport to a RSA hotel for 4 people
- Return transfer from RSA hotel to relevant venue on Test match day for 4 people
- Full day/half day excursion/tour for 4 people in RSA (including relevant transfers)
- Lunch/dinner in RSA on day of Test match (at Vodafone's discretion)
- Vodafone-branded Lions gift (together, the "Prize")
- Specific contents of Prize at Vodafone's discretion
- All travel/transfers, accommodation and excursions shall be arranged by Vodafone and shall be on or around the date of the relevant Test match
- Spending money not included
Selection and Notification process
- One winner will receive the Prize.
- The winner will be selected independently, at random, within 60 days of the end of the Sign-Up Period.
- We will notify the winner via SMS using the number associated with the My Vodafone App.
- If the winner is not contactable by reasonable means, you may be disqualified and an alternative entrant awarded the Prize on the same basis described above.
- The winner will be required to respond via SMS within 48 hours in order to claim the Prize. If we have not received a response within 48 hours of contact, we will pick another winner.
- You must be a current Vodafone Limited Consumer customer (or Enterprise customer with a business of less than 10 employees) (and not have cancelled your Pre-Order) at the time you are contacted about winning in order to claim the Prize.
Exclusions to entry and acceptance of Prize
Sorry, but you can't enter the Prize draw if: you don't live in the UK; you're under 18 years old (if you're under 18, you must have permission from your parent/guardian to enter the Prize draw and accept the Prize); you're an employee or agent of Vodafone UK.
If you win, you will be able to select three people to share the Prize (together, the "Attendees"). The Attendees must accept the Covid-19 Notification below.
Vodafone, our Partners and the relevant venues hosting the Tour cannot prevent any attendees at a match from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 or any other communicable disease while using the Prize (including during use of the associated travel/transfers, accommodation, excursions, food and drink). It is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, the winner and Attendees who choose to utilise a Prize, may be exposed to and / or increasing the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19 or any other communicable diseases.
By accepting the Prize, the winner and Attendees assume the risk to and understand the above warning concerning COVID-19 or any other communicable diseases. The winner hereby acknowledges that he/she has been informed and is aware that in utilising the Prize he/she may be at risk of being exposed to, contracting, and/or spreading COVID-19, and will procure that the Attendees are likewise aware.
IN THIS REGARD THE WINNER WAIVES (AND SHALL ENSURE THAT THE ATTENDEES WAIVE) THE RIGHT TO BRING ANY CLAIMS INCLUDING FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DISEASE OR PROPERTY LOSSES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS OF NEGLIGENCE AND SHALL NOT SEEK DAMAGES, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN RELATING TO COVID-19 OR ANY COMMUNICABLE DISEASES.
Postponement, cancellation or other material change due to COVID-19
Vodafone reserves the right to make alterations to the time, date, duration, venue or other details in relation to the Test match, any associated travel/transfer, accommodation or excursion, or other details of the Prize, in the event of unforeseen or other circumstances including (without limitation) COVID-19/other pandemic; safety/security concerns; decisions from the Lions, SARU, or any authorised person/competent body; changes to governmental laws, regulations or orders; or acts of God.
In the event of such alteration, Vodafone nor its Partners shall be liable to the winner, Attendees or any other person for any costs, expenses or other losses resulting from such alteration.
In the event that the relevant Test match is postponed (i.e. where the last Test match is scheduled to take place after 31 December 2021 but before 31 December 2022) or moved to another location outside of RSA, Vodafone shall endeavour to postpone the Prize accordingly.
In the event that the relevant Test match is cancelled (i.e. in its entirety or where the last Test match is scheduled to take place after 31 December 2022), played behind closed doors or, for reasons outside of Vodafone's control (including those listed above), the winner is prevented from travelling to RSA (unless as a result of action/inaction of the winner itself), Vodafone shall endeavour to offer the winner an alternative prize of reasonable equivalent value.
Publicity and Content
- We will use your details to run the Prize draw and contact you if you win, and to provide you with your Vodafone mobile service.
- We will only send you future marketing if you have agreed to this. For more information on how Vodafone processes personal data, please see www.vodafone.co.uk/privacy.
- Whilst we'll try and fulfil our obligations to run the Prize draw smoothly, we'll not be responsible if something happens that is beyond our reasonable control.
- We reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify you without notice if you tamper with the entry process or don't comply with these rules.
- If you are a winner, we may ask to use photos of you for display on our social media channels for promotional purposes.
No cash alternative
Subject to availability. Prize cannot be exchanged, refunded, transferred (unless stated in these terms and conditions), sold or used in conjunction with any other offer. We won't give you cash instead. For use in a private consumer, non-commercial capacity only.
Who are we?
Vodafone Limited, registered in England under number 1471587 at Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
"LTSA - Lions Tour to South Africa DAC", "SARES - SA Rugby Event Services (RF) (Pty) Limited" and "BLD - British & Irish Lions DAC".
Partner specific terms
Winner will be subject to:
- the following ticket terms and conditions, which can be found here: https://www.lionstour.com/terms-and-conditions/
- third party privacy policies when they redeem this Prize given by Vodafone to use third party goods or services; and
- latest government travel advice (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice) for UK and RSA in respect of COVID-19.