Vodafone 12-Month Upgrade Promise
Our 12 Month Upgrade Promise is available to Consumers and Small Businesses who buy an iPhone 11 on one of our Pay monthly plans, between 13 September 2019 and 31 March 2020, or a Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G between 11 February 2020 and 30 April 2020.
You can only benefit from the 12 Month Upgrade Promise if you buy directly through Vodafone, either online, in store or over the phone. If you’ve taken your agreement out with one of our distribution or VPS partners (for examples, Carphone Warehouse, OneCom) you’ll not qualify for the 12-Month Upgrade Promise.
How it works
You can upgrade from your Pay monthly iPhone 11 or Samsung Galaxy S20 device to a new Pay monthly plan and handset of your choice (“new plan”) after 12 months (starting from the date you buy your handset), subject to the following:
- Your iPhone or Samsung handset is returned in working order and minimum standards are met (see minimum standards below).
Your current plan will then end. You’ll need to return the iPhone or Samsung handset and you’ll start a new plan which will have a new minimum term period.
Your device must satisfy four criteria:
- It switches on to home screen. This means it should power up and should be free from PIN locks. It should make and receive a call. All functionality must work (for example, Bluetooth, camera, wireless). All control buttons (on/off, volume, navigation) and all the buttons on the keypad must work. All connection sockets should work, all microphones and speakers should work, and the (IMEI) label should be intact. The device must be free from water damage (and signs of water damage as signified by the manufacturer's water damage indicators).
- Screen and back of the phone/casing intact. This means that neither the screen nor the back of the phone should be smashed, both should be free from any cracks or major scratches.
- Touchscreens should be functional. This means that the touchscreen should respond correctly to screen swipes/keyboard presses, etc.
- If you have activated any security settings (such as Find My iPhone) on your device which prevent security access to the phone for testing purposes, this must be switched off before sending your device to us. Head to www.vodafone.uk/switch-off to find out how. If you are in any doubt, you are advised to contact us first before sending in your device.
Brightstar 20:20 UK Limited working to our guidelines will decide if the device has met minimum standards.
What do I have to pay?
You will not pay an early upgrade fee, but you will still need to pay the upfront costs of the new phone you choose to upgrade to (if any) in addition to the applicable monthly fee for your new plan.
What plans can I upgrade on?
You can upgrade to any pay monthly price plan that has an equal or higher total monthly price plan fee.
Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Version February 2020