Vodafone Annual Upgrade Promise Offer
1. What is it? There is normally a cost associated with upgrading your Pay monthly handset plan before the end of your contract (an early upgrade fee).
When you buy an eligible Vodafone Pay Monthly handset plan and then upgrade after 12 months under the Vodafone Annual Upgrade Promise Offer (the “Offer”), you will not be charged an early upgrade fee.
Below are all the conditions that you must be aware of before taking up the Offer.
2. The Vodafone Annual Upgrade Promise is available to Consumers and Small Businesses who purchase an eligible Vodafone Pay Monthly handset plan in a Vodafone retail store, on Vodafone.co.uk or by calling us. This Offer is not available on Vodafone’s 36-month business plans. Eligible devices include:
· an iPhone 11 (any variant of the iPhone 11 range ) and the iPhone SE purchased from 24 August 2020.
3. You can then upgrade your eligible device to a new Vodafone Pay monthly plan and handset of your choice, after 12 months (and no later than 20 months) from the date you purchase your eligible device subject to the following:
a) The new plan you choose must cost the same (or more) per month as your current eligible device;
b) Your current eligible device is returned in working order and minimum standards must be met (minimum standards are set out below); and
c) Your Vodafone account is paid up to date.
Your current plan will then end and you will need to return your eligible device and you will start a new plan (which will be a new 24-month agreement).
4. Minimum standards: The device you return to us must be the same device that you purchased from Vodafone or an insurance replacement.
Your device must satisfy four criteria:
1. It switches on to home screen. This means it should power up and should be free from PIN locks. It should make and receive a call. All functionality must work (for example, Bluetooth, camera, wireless). All control buttons (on/off, volume, navigation) and all the buttons on the keypad must work. All connection sockets should work, all microphones and speakers should work, and the (IMEI) label should be intact. The device must be free from water damage (and signs of water damage as signified by the manufacturer's water damage indicators).
2. Screen and back of the phone/casing intact. This means that neither the screen nor the back of the phone should be smashed, both should be free from any cracks or major scratches.
3. Touchscreens should be functional. This means that the touchscreen should respond correctly to screen swipes/keyboard presses, etc.
4. If you have activated any security settings (such as Find My iPhone) on your device, which prevent security access to the phone for testing purposes, this must be switched off before sending your device to us. Head to www.vodafone.uk/switch-off to find out how. If you are in any doubt, you are advised to contact us first before sending in your device.
Ingram Micro Inc, working to our guidelines, will decide if the device has met minimum standards. If you are in any doubt as to whether your device meets the minimum standards please contact us before arranging your upgrade.
5. What do I have to pay? As described in clause 1, you will not pay an early upgrade fee. As you will be upgrading to a new Vodafone Pay Monthly plan, you will pay the upfront cost of the new device you choose to upgrade to (if any) and the applicable monthly cost for the new plan.
6. What plans can I upgrade on? You can upgrade to any Vodafone Pay monthly price plan that has an equal or higher total monthly price plan fee than your current eligible device.
7. Returns: You have 14 days, from the date of purchase, to change your mind and return your new phone. However, once you return your current phone to us you will not be able to get this phone back. The return will be processed in accordance with our Returns policy, which can be found at https://www.vodafone.co.uk/my-vodafone-account/orders/returns.
8. How to upgrade? To process your upgrade after 12 months you must upgrade directly though a Vodafone retail store or by calling us on 03333 040 191.
9. We may make changes to or introduce new terms to this Agreement at any time. If these changes are of material detriment to you, we will give you 30 days’ notice.
10. By taking this Offer, you will be accepting our Pay Monthly airtime agreement and charges guide, which can be found at: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/document/vfcon103103.pdf
Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Version July 2020