Vodafone Annual Upgrade Promise Offer - January 2021
1. What is it? There is normally a cost associated with upgrading your Pay monthly handset plan before the end of your contract (an early upgrade fee).
When you buy an eligible Vodafone Pay Monthly handset plan and then upgrade after 12 months under the Vodafone Annual Upgrade Promise Offer (the "Offer"), you will not be charged an early upgrade fee.
Below are all the conditions that you must be aware of before taking up the Offer.
This Offer means that you can upgrade your handset no sooner than 12 months after the start of this contract without incurring an early upgrade fee provided you have (1) made all payments in full and on the due dates under your contract, (2) not otherwise breached the terms of your contract and (3) meet our eligibility criteria for new customers at that time. If you are eligible and you choose to upgrade, your current plan will be terminated and your upgrade will subject to a new plan with us. You are under no obligation to upgrade your handset or to enter into a new contract with us. We are constantly reviewing our services and, therefore, we do not guarantee that we will offer a contract similar to your existing one if you choose to upgrade under this Offer. You acknowledge that we may introduce new arrangements for the funding of airtime services and handsets. We confirm that, if you choose to upgrade and meet our eligibility requirements at the relevant time, you will be eligible for our current consumer offering and we will discuss the available options with you.
2. The Vodafone Annual Upgrade Promise is available to Consumers and Small Businesses who purchase an eligible Vodafone Pay Monthly handset plan in a Vodafone retail store, on Vodafone.co.uk or by calling us. This Offer is not available on Vodafone's 36-month business plans. Eligible devices include:
· an iPhone 11 (any variant of the iPhone 11 range) and the iPhone SE purchased between 24 August 2020 and 20 October 2020.
· an iPhone 12 (any variant of the iPhone 12 range) purchased between 16 October 2020 and 31 March 2021.
· a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, S21+ 5G or S21 Ultra 5G purchased between 14 January 2021 and 31 March 2021.
3. You can then upgrade your eligible device to a new Vodafone Pay monthly contract, anytime after 12 months from the date your eligible device is shipped, subject to the following:
· a) Your current eligible device is returned in working order and minimum standards must be met (minimum standards are set out below);
· b) Your Vodafone account is paid up to date; and
· c) You meet all of our eligibility requirements at the relevant time.
Your current plan will then end and you will need to return your eligible device and you will start a new plan with us, in which we may introduce new arrangements for the funding of airtime services and handsets. The terms of this new plan (including any applicable minimum commitment period) will be communicated to you in due course. You are under no obligation to upgrade your handset or to enter into a new contract with us. If you wish to upgrade your eligible device after 20 months, we recommend that you contact us as you may be able to get a better deal.
4. Minimum standards: The device you return to us must be the same device that you purchased from Vodafone or an insurance replacement.
Your device must satisfy four criteria:
1. It switches on to home screen. This means it should power up and should be free from PIN locks. It should make and receive a call. All functionality must work (for example, Bluetooth, camera, wireless). All control buttons (on/off, volume, navigation) and all the buttons on the keypad must work. All connection sockets should work, all microphones and speakers should work, and the (IMEI) label should be intact. The device must be free from water damage (and signs of water damage as signified by the manufacturer's water damage indicators).
2. Screen and back of the phone/casing intact. This means that neither the screen nor the back of the phone should be smashed, both should be free from any cracks or major scratches.
3. Touchscreens should be functional. This means that the touchscreen should respond correctly to screen swipes/keyboard presses, etc.
4. If you have activated any security settings (such as Find My iPhone or Find My Mobile) on your device, which prevent security access to the phone for testing purposes, this must be switched off before sending your device to us. Head to www.vodafone.uk/switch-off to find out how. If you are in any doubt, you are advised to contact us first before sending in your device.
Ingram Micro Inc, working to our guidelines, will decide if the device has met minimum standards.
If you are in any doubt as to whether your device meets the minimum standards please contact us before arranging your upgrade.
5. What do I have to pay? As described in clause 1, you will not pay an early upgrade fee but you will not receive any cash payment for your eligible device. As you will be upgrading to a new Vodafone Pay Monthly plan, you will pay the upfront cost of the new device you choose to upgrade to (if any) and the applicable monthly cost for the new plan.
6. What plans can I upgrade on? You can upgrade to any Vodafone Pay monthly price plan that has an equal or higher total monthly price plan fee than your current eligible device. Please note that if you choose to change plans during your contract term this may affect your ability to upgrade.
7. Returns: You have 14 days, from the date of purchase, to change your mind and return your new phone. However, once you return your current phone to us you will not be able to get this phone back. The return will be processed in accordance with our Returns policy.
8. How to upgrade? To process your upgrade after 12 months you must upgrade directly though a Vodafone retail store or by calling us on 08080 057 407.
9. We may make changes to or introduce new terms to this Agreement at any time. If these changes are of material detriment to you, we will give you 30 days' notice.
10. All upgrades under the Annual Upgrade Promise will be subject to a detailed credit check.
11. By taking this Offer, you will be accepting our Pay Monthly airtime agreement and charges guide.
Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Version January 2021