Terms and conditions
Pay monthly price plan terms Your Plan (1 July 2009 to 31 January 2011)
1. Your agreement with us is made up of:
(a) the Pay Monthly Airtime Terms and Conditions;
(b) the Pay Monthly Price Plan guide (available at www.vodafone.co.uk or call 191); and
(c) the Price Plan Terms for “Vodafone Your Plan” and the terms and conditions of any optional extras you may choose.
2. In these terms “we”, “us” or “our” means Vodafone Limited and “you” or “your” means the customer named on the order form or stated in the welcome pack.
3. We will charge you line rental each month together with other charges according to your price plan. If your agreement starts mid-month we will charge you a proportionate amount of line rental for your first month. You will get a proportionate monthly allowance of minutes, texts and data for that month.
4. You may change your price plan to one with a higher monthly line rental charge at any time. You cannot do this more than once a month. If you change your price plan any unused minutes, texts or data included in your price plan will be lost.
5. Your monthly allowance of minutes and texts is for calls and texts to standard UK landlines (beginning 01, 02 and 03), Vodafone mobiles, voicemail and other mobile networks within the UK.
6. All calls are charged per second and a one minute minimum call charge applies to calls which are not included in your monthly allowance. Our pricing information is on our website www.vodafone.co.uk
7. We charge different rates if you call abroad from the UK depending on your price plan. We may change these prices from time to time. See www.vodafone.co.uk/international for details.
8. When using Call Return (returning a call directly from within Vodafone Voicemail service when prompted), you will be charged the cost of calling your Vodafone Voicemail service and for your Call Return call (which is charged at your standard outgoing rate, less the cost of the initial voicemail call). The duration of any Call Return call will be taken from your monthly allowance. If you make a Call Return call to another mobile network any minutes you use will be taken from your monthly allowance. If your monthly allowance is used up you will incur an additional charge which is the difference between the cost of a call to another network and the cost of a call to a Vodafone mobile.
9. Any call you make that is not answered is free. We don’t charge you for receiving calls unless you are abroad where you are charged for the international part of the call.
10. A standard text message is 160 characters long. You can send longer ones on some handsets. A longer text is divided into the number of standard texts required to convey the message. Each text will be charged at the standard rate for your price plan. We do not guarantee delivery of any text or MMS message you send.
11. MMS and text messages which are reverse charged, premium rate, international or sent and received while you are abroad are not included in your monthly allowance so additional charges apply.
12. Using Vodafone MMS you can send long text messages, picture messages and video messages. The maximum size of an MMS is 300KB. If a message contains several media items you’ll be charged for the most expensive item in the message. Please remember that not all handsets can send and receive MMS.
13. Charges for video calls start when the called party accepts the call. If the call subsequently fails the call may still be subject to a minimum charge. Video calls on the Vodafone network are subject to Vodafone’s 3G network coverage. Further information on 3G network coverage can be found at www.vodafone.co.uk/ukcoverage or at any Vodafone retail store.
14. Data used outside your monthly allowance will be charged at the published rates for your price plan. This information can be found at the link set out below.
15. If you are on an unrestricted data price plan or you have an unrestricted data bundle, you are permitted to use the mobile internet for:
a. calls over the internet (voice over IP); and
b. Peer to Peer Communication services.
If you are on a restricted price plan without an unrestricted data bundle we will block access to these services, restrict network performance and / or charge you for this use at the full published rates as set out online at the link provided below.
16. If Vodafone Content Control prevents you from accessing any Vodafone live! or mobile internet page, or internet content, you will still incur a mobile browsing charge at your normal price plan rate for any data used in the attempt to view the content.
17. Access to Vodafone data services will be configured by default on your handset if you get it from Vodafone. You may be denied access to data services if you use a different configuration and we may charge you differently for the traffic generated on these attempts. Older handsets may be configured to make a phone call to access Vodafone Mobile Internet. These calls will be charged per minute at Vodafone's published rates.
18. For all our data pricing information please see www.vodafone.co.uk.
19. If you haven’t added a roaming package to your price plan, such as Vodafone Passport, you will be charged a roaming rate to call or send a text when you are abroad.
20. Charges for premium rate and satellite calls will vary according to the cost charged by the foreign network operator and exchange rate fluctuations and include minimum charges. A network-handling fee will be applied to these calls.
21. If you haven’t added a data roaming package to your price plan you will be charged Vodafone’s published data roaming rates to access data abroad. We have divided the world into Zones and each Zone carries a different charge. We may change the Zones from time to time so before you travel please check the list of the countries in each Zone at the link below.
22. Data transfer charges apply if you send or receive an MMS whilst you are abroad. The charges will vary depending upon the size of message.
23. For more information on our roaming rates, Zones and Vodafone Passport terms and conditions see www.vodafone.co.uk/goingabroad
24. More information about our call charges is available at www.vodafone.co.uk, in our price plan guide or by calling 191 from your mobile or 0333 3040 191 from any other phone (charged at your telephone provider’s published rate).
25. Prices and promotions are correct at time of going to press. For latest pricing information please see our website. We will tell you about all material price changes in line with the airtime terms and conditions. Any unused minutes, texts or data included in your price plan will not be rolled over to the following month.
26. Daily rates apply from midnight to midnight. If your use spans two calendar days, e.g. you start at 11.58pm Thursday and end at 00:10am Friday, the charge will typically fall into the first day’s charging allowance. However, we cannot guarantee that this will be the case and you may be charged for two days use.
27. All Vodafone services offered free or under unlimited subscription are subject to our Fair Use Policy. If, in the reasonable opinion of Vodafone, your use is excessive, we may ask you to moderate your usage. If, after we have asked you to moderate your usage, you fail to do so, we reserve the right to:
(a) charge you for the excessive element of your usage at your price plan's standard rate;
(b) throttle your usage; or
(c) suspend or terminate your service in accordance with your airtime terms and conditions.
28. We will bill you in advance for the line rental charge and other standard recurring charges unless we tell you otherwise. You have to pay the line rental and other charges every month even if you do not use your SIM card. Itemised bills list all calls, data and messages made. If you choose to get itemised bills sent to you by post we may charge you for this service and we will notify you of this charge.
29. The total of all calls and other charges on your monthly bill is rounded down to the nearest penny and VAT added. Where you have two or more subscribers connected to a single billing account, the net of VAT charges are accumulated and VAT is calculated on the total sum. This total is then rounded down to the nearest whole penny.
30. In these terms references to UK always exclude the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
Copyright Vodafone Limited © 2009