Vodafone extends its range of refurbished phones, helping price-conscious customers get the phone they want for less.
- New study reveals a third (32%) of Brits now own a refurbished phone, with a quarter (24%) looking to get their hands on one.
- As many as 40% say the rising cost-of-living is a key factor driving them towards pre-loved items.
- Vodafone has extended its range of refurbished phones to meet growing demand as searches for refurbished devices are up by 39%.
- Customers can make savings of up to £324 when pairing a refurbished device with Vodafone EVO*.
- The new range supports Vodafone’s commitment to reduce e-waste and promote a circular economy.
New research from Vodafone reveals that refurb is on the rise, with a third of the country now owning a refurbished phone and a quarter (24%) planning on purchasing one in the future. Almost half (47%) claim new items are simply too expensive and 40% say the rising cost-of-living is a key factor driving them towards pre-loved items.
When it comes to tech, mobile phones top the poll of items that Brits would buy refurbished or second-hand, closely followed by laptops (26%), TVs (22%) and tablets (21%). Gen Z are the generation most likely to invest in a refurbished device (61%) compared to just 21% of Boomers.
On the whole, consumer confidence in second-hand shopping is rising, with the Office for National Statistics reporting that second-hand shopping helped boost 2.4% growth in non-food sales in February. Refurbished devices are growing in popularity with searches for refurbished phones up 39% on the Vodafone website in the last six months alone.
In response to the new findings, Vodafone has extended its refurbished phone range, so customers can save up to an average of £324 when bought with Vodafone EVO*. Vodafone is the only major UK network to offer a two-year warranty** on every Pay Monthly refurbished phone.