Vodafone WiFi on the London Underground
Call 03333 043 222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a large print, braille, audio CD or dyslexia friendly version of this document
1. These terms and conditions set out the agreement between you ('you', 'the customer' or 'your') and Vodafone Limited ('us', 'we' or 'our') trading as Vodafone. For consumers and small business customers, the Vodafone Wi-Fi London Underground service is an Additional Service, which does not form part of your main service, as defined in your Pay Monthly airtime agreement and charges guide or your Pay as you go (Simply Tariff/Pay as you go 1 Tariff) airtime agreement and charges guide available at vodafone.co.uk/terms. 'Small business customer' means a Vodafone Business customer, resident in the UK (with a UK billing address) with fewer than 10 employees or connections with Vodafone. For other business customers, the Vodafone Wi-Fi London Underground service is an additional service, which does not form part of your main service.
2. If you're already a Vodafone customer: These terms apply in addition to the terms of the other services that you already take from us, including without limitation (and as applicable) your Pay Monthly airtime agreement and charges guide or your Pay as you go (Simply Tariff/Pay as you go 1 Tariff) airtime agreement and charges guide.
3. These terms and conditions will form part of your Vodafone customer contract once you are connected to the Vodafone Wi-Fi London Underground service.
5. You must comply with our Traffic Management Policy and our Acceptable Use Policy to use the service so that we can take measures to help us prevent fraud and to ensure that excessive use of the services by some users does not prevent other users of the service from enjoying the services. You shall ensure that you use the services in a reasonable manner and do not abuse the services. You must, at all times, ensure that the way you use the services does not break the law or the rights of any other person. If we reasonably believe that your device, or a device that has been cloned without your knowledge or consent, breaches these terms or that you or your cloned device has misused the service in any way, we may take immediate action to deny you access to the service without any further notice to you. For more information please see (as applicable), your Pay Monthly airtime agreement and charges guide or your Pay as you go (Simply Tariff/Pay as you go 1 Tariff) airtime agreement and charges guide, our Acceptable Use Policy and our Traffic Management Policy at vodafone.co.uk/terms. For business customers, please consult your agreement with Vodafone and our Acceptable Use Policy for Business, which is available at vodafone.co.uk/terms.
6. The service is available to active Vodafone consumer and business customers with a qualifying mobile airtime plan. You are an active pay as you go customer if your pay as you go account has been topped up with a minimum of £5 within the last 30 days. If your last top up took place more than 30 days ago, it can take up to two days from the date of your latest top up to update your account and provide you with access to the services.
7. The service provided to you is the ability to access the internet and receive data through your compatible device using wireless technology available at/ in London Underground stations. We cannot guarantee that the service will be uninterrupted, error-free and/or continuously available.
8. The service will be available in selected London Underground stations. We may add or remove stations from time to time, so please ensure you regularly check the station list.
9. For details on how to get the service, please go to the service page which can be found at vodafone.co.uk/network. The service starts when you get connected to the London Underground Wi-Fi.
10. Access to the services is a discretionary benefit included as part of your mobile airtime contract with us and may be withdrawn by Vodafone at any time without notice to you. The service will be available until such time as your Wi-Fi connection is lost or until such time that you disconnect from the service. If you are a Pay monthly customer or a business customer, you will not be able to access the services if your account is in arrears or if your account has been classified as bad debt. If you are a Pay as you go customer, you will not be able to access the service if your account is not in credit and clause 6 above also applies.
11. The service is only available on compatible WiFi-enabled devices that support wireless standard 802.11g, so please check your device documentation for details. Please make sure your device meets the minimum requirements and can access the service safely. You are responsible for ensuring that any equipment you use to access the service meets the minimum requirements and is suitable for use with the service and is adequately protected against viruses.
12. Due to the nature of the service, it's impossible to provide a fault-free service all of the time. Sometimes the service may be affected by a large number of simultaneous users, geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control.
13. Liability to You: Our liability to you in respect of the Vodafone WiFi London Underground service is limited as set out in these terms. We will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), breach of statutory or otherwise for:
- a) any direct loss;
- b) any loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, use, business, wasted expenditure;
- c) loss arising from disclosure of confidential information;
- d) any loss arising from or in connection with the use of the service or inability to use or access the service that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage;
- e) any indirect loss or any loss which is not a reasonably foreseeable consequence of negligence or breach of these terms and conditions (including loss of profits, business, revenue, contracts or anticipated savings, wasted expenses or any other purely financial losses);
- f) lost or destroyed data or software; or
- g) any business loss (including loss of profits, business, revenue, contracts or anticipated savings, wasted expenses or any other purely financial losses) even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or we had been advised of the possibility of you incurring such loss.
14. We will not be liable to you for the accuracy, completeness, fitness for purpose or legality of any information accessed, received or transmitted using the service, or for transmitting or receiving, or failure to transmit or receive, any material through the service.
15. Nothing in these terms excludes any liability which cannot be excluded by applicable law, including without limitation liability for fraud and death or personal injury caused by a party's negligence.
16. This agreement will be governed by English law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Version: March 2023