Vodafone Passport (before August 2014)
Who is eligible
Pay monthly customers
- Vodafone Passport is now only available to Pay as you go customers as an opt-in.
- From 1 November 2012, Vodafone Passport was closed for Pay monthly customers; you can opt in to take your minutes, texts and data from your UK price plan to our Europe Zone with the new Vodafone EuroTraveller instead. If you choose not to opt in to EuroTraveller, when Vodafone Passport closes you will automatically pay standard Vodafone World rates when travelling abroad.
Pay as you go customers
- Vodafone Passport is available to customers on all pay as you go price plans including, Anytime, Anynet, Smartstep, Smartplus, and Simply.
- In order to benefit you must opt in to Vodafone Passport, please see vodafone.co.uk/passport for how to opt in.
How it works
- Once opted in, a 75p connection charge plus your standard home price plan rate (or your inclusive Vodafone Freedom Freebee minutes) applies when make a call. When receiving a call a 75p connection fee is applied, then no further charge for up to 60 minutes. For each call received that lasts more than 60 minutes, a 20p a minute charge applies from the 60th minute. This is charged in per second increments.
- When using Vodafone Passport, texts back to the UK cost a flat rate as shown at vodafone.co.uk/passport. Any texts in your monthly allowance or Freedom Pack can’t be used whilst you are abroad. All charges include VAT, where applicable, unless otherwise stated.
- Vodafone Passport is available in more than 35 selected destinations and may be subject to change from time to time. Details of these are available at vodafone.co.uk/passport.
- Vodafone Passport applies to voice calls and texts made back to the UK and voice calls within the visited country and excludes calls to other countries, premium rate numbers, Vodafone Call Abroad inclusive minutes, texts not sent back to the UK and all data usage (including picture messages).
- On pay as you go, daytime, evening and weekend rates are charged according to the time in the country you are visiting. If you are in a country where there is more than one time zone, you will be charged according to the time in the capital city. All pay as you go and pay monthly optional extras such as Vodafone Free Weekends, Vodafone Stop the Clock, Vodafone Family or Vodafone Text Unlimited do not apply to calls or texts made whilst abroad.
- Occasionally, Vodafone UK may not receive details of your usage whilst abroad until several weeks after such usage occurs. Eligibility for inclusive minutes is determined when the details are processed, not when the usage occurs.
- If your home price plan includes cheaper or free calls to mobiles or landlines within your business, these calls will be charged the connection fee plus usage of the inclusive minutes (if applicable). If you do not have inclusive minutes remaining these calls will be charged at the published Vodafone to Vodafone call rate for your price plan.
Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.
Version June 2012