Vodafone Passes from January 2019
**Vodafone Passes are no longer available to new customers. If you’re an existing customer with Passes you won’t be able to re-add any that you remove – and can’t add any new Passes either. **
1. Vodafone Pay monthly consumer customers on Red Extra, Red Entertainment and Small Business plans & any Mobile Broadband plans purchased on or after 12 April 2017 can opt into Passes until 5 February 2019, after which Passes will no longer be available.
2. Vodafone Pay monthly business customers on Red Extra and Red Entertainment plans with 10 or less connections on voice and SIM only plans where data is not shared can opt into Passes. Entertainment Passes will no longer be available from 5 February 2019, but the Email and Maps Pass will continue to be an option for business customers.
How it works
3. Our Vodafone Passes start on the day you buy them and renew automatically on your billing date each month.
4. Vodafone Passes allow use of specific apps and websites without using inclusive data allowance. There are a variety of Passes to choose from including:
a) Chat Pass;
b) Social Pass;
c) Music Pass;
d) Video Pass; and
e) Combo Pass
5. Please visit Vodafone.co.uk/pass for more information on how Vodafone Passes work and the apps and websites included. From time to time, we may add or remove apps or websites that form part of Vodafone Passes, so keep an eye on what is included by visiting Vodafone.co.uk/pass for the latest list.
6. You can remove your Vodafone Pass(es) immediately at any point during the month through your My Vodafone account, or by calling 191 free from a Vodafone mobile. Your Vodafone Pass can take up to 48 hours to update on your SIM. Please note that if you remove a Pass after 5 February 2019 you will not subsequently be able to re-add it.
7. If you add a Vodafone Pass midway through the billing month you will be charged the full fee. If you cancel a Vodafone Pass, this will be done straight away and you won’t be able to use any remaining allowance. Unfortunately, we can’t refund the charge, in whole or in part. This will not affect your legal rights.
8. If your data usage is not covered by your chosen Vodafone Pass, this data usage will be taken from your inclusive data allowance, once this is exhausted out of bundle charges will apply. To check out of bundle data charges, go to Vodafone.co.uk/data. Please note, additional content (such as advertising) featured within the app and/or website may not be included in your Vodafone Pass and will be taken from your data allowance.
9. Some apps display additional content such as adverts (picture/audio/video), extensions or 3rd party content (e.g. location sharing/tracking, GIFs, sticker market, external videos, maps) and use analytics which may come out of your general data allowance.
10. Twitter live streaming and Facebook Gameroom are excluded and use of these functions will come out of your general data allowance.
11. Deezer radio and podcast usages are excluded and use of these functions will come out of your general data allowance.
12. You can tether another device to your phone, tablet or MiFi device, and enjoy the endless data from the apps included in your passes. Vodafone does not do anything to block or otherwise restrict tethering, but note that certain devices such as your video game console, TV, or through a smart device such as Chromecast, Roku, or Fire TV Stick, may not be compatible with Vodafone passes, resulting in the pass not working or data being consumed from your inclusive allowance.
13. If you are using a virtual private network (VPN), a proxy, or your device is configured to an external domain name system (DNS) other than Vodafone’s DNS, then Vodafone Passes will not work and your usage will come out of your data allowance.
14. Vodafone Passes can be used in our Roam-Free destinations. Vodafone Passes are not available for use in our Roam-Further or Rest of World destinations. Please visit Vodafone.co.uk/pass for further information. If you exceed the fair usage policy, then any data usage that would normally be covered by your Vodafone Pass(es) will instead come out of your inclusive data allowance.
15. If you hit the €50 data spend cap applied to roaming data services, any Vodafone Pass usage and standard data usage will be suspended until the spend cap is lifted at your request.
Other Important Information
16. If you change from Pay monthly to Pay as You Go, you won’t be able to carry across Vodafone Passes.
17. Vodafone Passes can’t be refunded or transferred. They’re for your personal, non-commercial use and subject to the Pay monthly airtime agreement and charges guide. We may vary or amend these terms, but if it’s to your disadvantage, we’ll notify you.
18. If you have a Vodafone Pass, you will no longer be able to use the Vodafone Data Manager capping functionality.
19. We may, from time to time, limit the video quality you experience to standard definition (480p) to ensure minimum network speeds are available for everyone. However, we will only apply this limitation in so far as it is permissible by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.
Version: January 2019