If you have limited dexterity or mobility
Services and features
From specialist phone services, to apps and built-in features, there are all kinds of tools that make life easier if you have limited dexterity or mobility.
Call 195 for free directory enquiries
If you’d prefer not to rely on a telephone directory, use our free directory enquiries service.
How does it work?
- Register first, by calling 0800 587 0195 free
- You'll be given a PIN, which you’ll need whenever you call directory enquiries. Be sure to remember your PIN
- To find a number, simply call 195 free and an operator will look it up for you.
Vodafone Directory Assistance
Vodafone Directory Assistance can quickly locate the phone number you need, and connect you. Just call 118 881 and you’ll be put straight through.
118881 has a service charge of 80p a minute (inc. VAT)** plus our access charge of 45p a minute*.
These phones are ideal for people with restricted hearing, vision or dexterity:
Most devices, including iPhone and Android devices, have these built-in features for people with limited dexterity or mobility:
- Voice-activated dialling – call a contact in your phonebook by saying their name aloud
- Voice control – for example, Siri for Apple iOS, or similar products you can install that do the same job. They help you:
- Call someone in your phonebook just by saying their name
- Use voice commands to search the internet
- Dictate text messages and emails
- Use your voice to open applications
- Use your voice to record notes for reminders or messages
- Personalised ringtones - for each contact, so you know who’s calling
- Speed and one-touch dialling – fewer key-strokes needed
- Hands-free mode or kit – no need to hold your phone on a call
- Loudspeaker – keep your device on your lap or a table while you chat
- Any-key answering – lets you answers calls by pressing any key
- Predictive text – minimises the key-strokes needed
- SOS button – just in case
- Key sound or vibration – lets you know you pressed a key
Bluetooth keyboards that connect to your phone without using cables may also make typing easier, and belt-holders can keep your phone with you securely at all times.
For advice on our products and services, call our trained advisers free on 33222 from a Vodafone mobile, or 0333 3043 222 from any other phone (standard call charges apply).
Try these apps if you have limited dexterity or mobility:
Wheelmap is a Vodafone Foundation Smart Accessibility award-winner which helps people with impaired mobility view the accessibility of public spaces worldwide. Wheelchair users can also add their reviews to the app’s map.
Download the free app from the Wheelmap website
Jaccede is another Vodafone Foundation Smart Accessibility award-winner. It enables users to find accessible places worldwide. Jaccede includes information, such as whether there are steps at a building entrance or wheelchair access to toilets, plus photos and comments.
Download the free app from the Jaccede website
Download our guide to adjusting the font, colour and screen-reading settings.
Download our guide to setting up voice recognition.
- GARI Mobile Accessibility for advice on accessible phones, tablets and apps
- Vodafone Accessibility video playlist
- Vodafone YouTube channel
- Vodafone Community
* The access charge is the standard cost of connecting your call to our network, charged in pence per minute with a 1-minute minimum call charge.
** The service charge is decided by the organisation you call, who must communicate it clearly.