If you’re deaf or have restricted hearing
Find the service that’s right for you
SignVideo interpreting service
If you’re a British Sign Language (BSL) user, the SignVideo service will give you access to an online interpreter. It’s a simple, fast and secure way to contact us.
What will you need to use the service?
You’ll need the following to use SignVideo BSL Live:
- A PC or Mac with a webcam. You can also use the service on tablets and mobile devices
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome (PC only) or Safari
- Bandwidth of at least 256 kbp/s upload and download (we recommend 384kbp/s).
The first time you use the service, you’ll need to download a one-off SignVideo BSL Live plug-in. This can be found on the Web Access page once you connect to SignVideo.
How does it work?
- Click on the ‘Connect now’ button
- Connect to a SignVideo interpreter and tell them you’re calling the Vodafone Customer Contact Centre
- The SignVideo interpreter may ask you if you want to prepare anything before starting the call
- They’ll then connect you to an adviser who uses British Sign Language (BSL).
The Alcatel 20.00 is designed to be easy to use if you have limited dexterity, restricted vision or hearing. It has an oversized keypad and sits in its own charging dock so it’s always ready to use. You’ll also be able to set up an SOS button.
For advice on our products and services, speak to one of our specially trained advisers by calling:
- 33222 free from a Vodafone mobile
- 03333 043222 from any other phone (standard rates apply)
You could also try:
- A vibrating or flashing alert
- A hearing loop
- Making the ringtone louder
- Changing the speaker volume
- Sending and receiving emails and texts
- Using instant messaging
- A phone with a QWERTY keyboard to make emailing and texting easier
- A smartphone to stay connected with social media on the go
- Linking your phone to your hearing aid (if compatible) using Bluetooth?
- Look out for the Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) icon on phones