If you’re blind or have restricted vision
Get the most from your phone
There are plenty of features and services designed specifically for you.
- Call someone in your phonebook by speaking their name with a voice-activated dialing system
- Use a screen-reader so everything on the screen is read out to you
- Give your contacts different ringtones so you’ll know who’s calling
- Choose a phone with a large, well-spaced keypad and raised keys (with a raised dot on the ‘5’)
- Use a large display and a backlit keypad with adjustable contrast and font size
- Avoid getting cut off from a call with an audible battery indicator
- A full range of apps made for accessibility
There are plenty of apps now available to make life easier. A couple of our favourites are BIG Launcher and Zoom Plus Video Magnifier.
BIG Launcher An android home screen app made specifically for anyone with restricted vision. It uses big buttons and large fonts to access all the basic functions on the phone. BIG Launcher was one of the winners in the Vodafone Foundation Smart Accessibility Awards in 2011.
Zoom Plus Video Magnifier Another Smart Accessibility Award winner. This app gives an on-screen magnifier and the ability to adjust font colours and backdrop.
- BT Directory Assistance 195 is free to use. Once you’ve registered and got your PIN, you’ll then be able to register with us
- Use Vodafone Directory Assistance, just call 118 881 and you’ll be put straight through
- If you’d like your bills and contracts in a different format, such as Braille, large print or audio - just ask
Our Vodafone 155 phone is designed to be easy to use if you have limited dexterity, restricted vision or hearing. It has an oversized keypad and sits in its own charging dock so it’s always ready to use. You’ll also be able to set up an SOS button.