If you’re blind or have restricted vision
Services and features
From specialist phone services, to apps and built-in features, we’ve all kinds of tools that make life easier.
Call 195 for free directory enquiries
If you’d prefer not to rely on a telephone directory, use our free directory enquiries service.
How does it work?
- Register with the 195 service first, by calling 0800 587 0195 free
- You'll be given a PIN, which you’ll need to use whenever you call 195. Be sure to remember your PIN
- Call 0333 304 3222 to register for the service on our network, the customer service agent will need your PIN to do this
- To find a number, simply call 195 free and an operator will look it up for you.
Vodafone Directory Assistance
Vodafone Directory Assistance can quickly locate the phone number you need, and connect you. Just call 118 881 and you’ll be put straight through.
118881 has a service charge of 80p a minute (inc. VAT)** plus our access charge of 45p a minute*.
Information the way you want it
If you’d like your bills, contracts or any other service, in a format such as Braille, large print or audio, call us on 0333 304 3222 (standard call charges apply).
Specialist phones and devices
These phones are ideal for people with restricted hearing, vision or dexterity:
While devices vary, most come with the features listed below – ideal for people with restricted vision:
- Voice-activated dialling lets you call a contact in your phonebook by speaking their name aloud. For example, Siri for Apple iOS. Or you can install an app to do the same job. These voice-control apps and voice assistants let you:
- Call someone in your phonebook just by saying their name
- Use voice commands to search the internet
- Dictate text messages and emails
- Use your voice to open applications
- Use your voice to record notes for reminders or messages
- Personalised ringtones for your contacts, so you know who’s calling
- Zoom and magnification
- Adjustable text-size, text-to-speech conversion, and the facility to end calls with the power button
- Speech output that lets you know what’s happening on-screen. Try Voiceover for Apple devices and Talkback for Android.
Some phones are designed to be more accessible and come with:
- Large display and backlit keypad with adjustable contrast and font size
- Large, well-spaced actual keys, and a raised dot on the 5 for easy navigation
- Sound settings that alert you when the phone is powering up or down, or when the battery is low
- Personalised ringtones for each person, so you know who’s calling you
- Speed-dial for calling with minimum keystrokes
- A Bluetooth headset, so you can answer your phone without having to find it
- Actual or touchscreen buttons that vibrate or make a sound when pressed
- Predictive texting, or a predictive typing app, to limit the keystrokes needed
Bluetooth keyboards that connect to your phone without using cables may also make typing easier.
For advice on our products and services, call our trained advisers free on 33222 from a Vodafone mobile, or call 0333 3043 222 from any other phone (standard call charges apply).
Try these apps if you’re blind or have restricted vision:
- Screen-reader apps – read aloud all the information on the screen
- Big Launcher – gives you large print on Android devices
- Zoom Plus Video Magnifier – zooms in to text. Available on Android devices
- RNIB Navigator – a door-to-door GPS navigation app for iPhone
Download our guide on adjusting the font, colour and screen-reading settings.
Download our guide on setting up voice recognition.
- Visit the RNIB website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0303 123 9999. Calls cost 30p a minute on Pay as you go, and 45p a minute (if not inclusive) for Pay monthly customers.
- GARI Mobile Accessibility for advice on accessible phones, tablets and apps
- Vodafone Accessibility video playlist
- Vodafone YouTube channel for useful videos
- Vodafone Community for topical discussions
* The access charge is the standard cost of connecting your call to our network, charged in pence per minute with a 1-minute minimum call charge.
** The service charge is decided by the organisation you call, who must communicate it clearly.