Managing your account with a disability

  1. Home
  2. Help and information
  3. Accessibility
  4. I need help managing my account

Get support managing your account

We understand that you might occasionally need some help to managing your account  – which is why we offer services to support your disability.

Our Protected Service scheme can help you if something unexpected happens, such as having to go to hospital at short notice or if illness is preventing you from making decisions about your account.

We also provide practical advice if you need help managing your affairs.

If you need help, you can ask somebody you trust to manage your account for you. Ask them to read our guidance on power of attorney to learn how we can provide support should somebody else need to access information or make decisions on your behalf.

Choosing a friend to manage your account

Under our Protected Service you can designate a trusted friend or family member to do things for you, like paying your bill or contacting us to sort out issues. To set it up, just call us on 0333 304 3222 (standard call charges apply).

Please note: the person you choose must agree to this arrangement and understand what it involves - their details will be given to us and we may contact them about your account in the future.


Paying bills

It’s important that your bills are paid on a regular basis.

If your friend or family member doesn’t pay your bill on time on your behalf, we'll get in touch with you to ask you to remind them. If the bill still hasn’t been paid after 30 days, we'll get in touch with them directly to arrange a payment.

If you can't pay your bill you can agree to a payment plan to clear any outstanding amounts by calling us on 0333 304 3222 (standard call charges apply).

Please note: you’re ultimately responsible for the payment of your bill, even when you’re using our Protected Service. If we have to arrange a payment plan we may need to downgrade, suspend or stop your services.

Learn more about how we can help if you’re having financial difficulties