Transfer your content and apps
Simply, safely and securely
your old content
and apps to your new
Download your everyday
innovative app platform.
All you need to know
Huawei P40 Lite 5G FAQs
What operating system does the P40 Lite 5G have? The Huawei P40 series comes with pre-installed Android 10 AOSP (Android Open Source Project) with EMUI 10.1. It sits within Huawei Mobile Services (HMS), an ecosystem for apps which runs the same Android Open Source Project as Google Mobile Services (GMS).
How is Huawei’s operating system different to Google Mobile Services? Both HMS and GMS are running Android Open Source Project (Android system) and they both support Android apps. However, some Android apps that require Google support may not work properly on the Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) platform. Huawei is working with global app developers to continuously improve the Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) platform and offer a premium user experience.
Can I transfer my photos, contacts and calendar to the P40 Lite 5G? Yes – the Phone Clone app, available on the AppGallery, can be used to migrate most of your data. You can also download this app on iOS and Android.
How can I download apps on the P40 Lite 5G? You can transfer the apps from your current handset to your new Huawei device, using the Phone Clone app. There are also a large number of popular apps available on Huawei AppGallery, including Depop, TikTok, and Fortnite. It also includes download links for apps such as Facebook and WhatsApp. The browser version of YouTube and Gmail can be used instead of the apps. If you can’t find the app you're looking for, you can search for them using the Petal Search - Find Apps widget.
Will my P40 Lite 5G still get security updates? Huawei will continue to provide security updates to protect your device. The AppGallery features a four-layer detection mechanism to ensure that apps featured on the platform are safe to download and use.
A Stunning Design that
Appeals to All
Watch light dance across the beautifully
textured 3D glass surface as you turn it
in your hand. The phone has been
crafted to be
as amazing to hold as it is to
look at, with
functions such as the
button unlocking the
screen within a quarter of
providing hassle-free use.
Blistering-Fast 5G Internet
Keep up with Your Fast-paced Life
Pure 5G4 or Dual SIM 5G+4G — your best connection is always on hand! It's your
chance to experience the game-changing 5G era, ahead of the crowd.
All-Powerful Kirin 820 5G SoC
Next-level Mobile Processing, Reimagined
The HUAWEI P40 lite 5G features the new and improved 7nm Kirin 820, a balanced chipset that
incorporates an advanced 8-core CPU, 6-core GPU and proprietary NPU, harnessing
next-level intelligence to achieve a new realm of performance. The Kirin ISP 5.0 works to
ensure that image processing and photo/video denoising are top-notch across the board.
64MP AI Quad-Camera System
Capture Beauty on Every Level
Capture sweeping landscapes with crystal clarity, crawling creatures from up close or
enchanting portraits, all on a staggering 64MP camera. Explore the boundless potential
for creative expression offered by four versatile lenses.
6.5" Punch FullView Display5
Boundless Visuals on an Expansive Display
Feast your eyes on a genuine bezel-less display that's crafted with a remarkable attention
to detail. The front camera is housed unobtrusively below the surface, providing a 90.6%6
screen-to-body ratio for unconstrained, immersive viewing.
40W HUAWEI SuperCharge
A Charge that Goes the Distance
Send battery drain down the drain, with the
4,000mAh battery. And if you're running out of
Huawei's 40W SuperCharge technology,
for safety by TÜV Rheinland9, can restore
charge to 70% in just half an hour!10
Keep More of What
6GB of RAM easily handles even the most intensive multitasking. 128GB of ROM provides you
with ample space to download all of your favourite apps, pictures, videos and games.
6GB RAM + 128GB ROM11
Notes: All of the preceding data comes from Huawei lab tests that are conducted in controlled environments. Actual product performance may vary according to real world conditions.
- The rear quad-camera setup consists of a 64MP Main Camera, 8MP Ultra Wide Angle Lens, 2MP Bokeh Sensor and 2MP Macro Lens. The actual imaging pixel value may vary according to the selected shooting mode.
- This feature only works when the authorised HUAWEI 40W SuperCharge charger is used. Actual charging power may differ from the maximum 40W value and vary according to usage and settings.
- Data from Huawei lab tests. The actual screen unlocking speed may vary according to real world conditions.
- 5G network speed and quality depend on local availability of 5G infrastructure.
- The HUAWEI P40 lite 5G features rounded corners on its display. "6.5 inches" refers to the diagonal length between opposite corners with the display measured as a standard rectangle. Therefore, the actual display area may be smaller than stated.
- Data from Huawei lab tests. The screen-to-body ratio is calculated by dividing the active area (AA) by the touch panel (TP) area.
- The played video must also support HDR 10 for the feature to work on the HUAWEI P40 lite 5G display.
- The battery's typical value is 4,000mAh and its rated value is 3,900mAh.
- The TÜV Rheinland safe charging certificate takes effect from the date of issuance and remains valid for a year. To check the detailed information for the certificate, scan the QR code on the product packaging.
- Data from Huawei lab tests. The maximum charging power output is 40W. Actual battery life and charging power may vary according to usage and settings.
- Storage varies by the model. Preinstalled software takes up some space, so useable storage may be less than indicated here.