Get PSTN switch-off ready

Embrace change as we switch off the old Public Switched Telephone Network and switch on to a modern, flexible phone, video, and messaging service.

Is your business ready for the PSTN switch-off?

From December 2025, in what is set to be the biggest communications change in a generation, Openreach will close the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). This means any PSTN based products your business uses today will need to change. PSTN not only supports traditional landlines, but also voice services such as ISDN2/30. The bulk of widely available broadband services, such as fibre-to-the-cabinet (FTTC) or standard broadband (ADSL), also rely on the PSTN.

What will the switch-off look like?

Voice will become completely digital and delivered over the internet using Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology. Broadband services will begin transitioning to Full Fibre (FTTP) and single order broadband (SOGEA). These don’t rely on landline and are fully future-proofed, offering fast download speeds of up to 900Mbps.

How can I prepare my business?

Don’t worry, we’re here to help make the switch simple for you and your business. The new generation of services deliver fast, secure and reliable communications at a level undreamed of when the PSTN was launched.

Read our guide to preparing for the PSTN switch-off to learn more. You can also contact your account manager or give us a call to talk about how we can help you embrace your future.

Business solutions


Save time and money with a single connectivity supplier. Our business infrastructure provides a resilient platform for critical applications that help you respond quickly to opportunities and threats.

Find out more

Communications tools

Our range of solutions help bring together your fixed, mobile and messaging services on a single cloud-based platform so you can rethink and modernise the way your teams work.

Find out more

Internet of Things

Whichever industry you operate in, and whatever challenges you’re looking to solve, turn data into actionable insights with our customisable, highly secure end-to-end solutions.

Find out more

Why Vodafone

Going digital made easy

In a fast-changing world, we’re committed to quality service and supporting you through a hassle-free transition.

Communicate seamlessly

We help create an environment in which you spend more time doing your best work collaboratively and to reach key goals.

Technical expertise

We are a leader in innovative technologies and a trusted partner in providing future-ready infrastructure to support businesses of all sizes.


We’re currently enabling Full Fibre at pace with our network partner Openreach, who are targeting to cover 80% of the UK by late 2026, with the remaining 20% by the end of the decade. Our dedicated account managers will be happy to discuss where you can currently access Faster Fibre speeds.

In terms of broadband, it’s exactly the same with no impact to speed. The only difference is that voice is now provided digitally over the internet rather than via copper landline. Single order broadband is future-proofed and PSTN switch-off ready.

Full Fibre (FTTP) is fully future-proofed and offers 25x the speed and 5x the reliability of traditional copper based broadband. That means you can support more employees and devices on just one connection.

Digital voice solutions offer greater efficiency, flexibility and cost savings. We can help you manage your journey to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and unified communications.

Digital Voice or VoIP (voice over internet protocol) products connect convert voice into data signals, which are then sent over the internet to your destination. We have a range of digital voice solutions across unified communications, SIP and simple VoIP.

Yes. All copper based landline numbers are supported by our range of digital voice solutions.

We have a range of solutions available for non-standard use-cases. Please get in touch for further details.

Copper products will move to ‘stop-sell’ later next year. In advance of this, we’re already beginning to process to move both new and existing customers to future-proofed broadband and digital voice products.

Get in touch