Pay as you go 1
How it works
- You can choose Vodafone Pay as you go 1 either by activating a Vodafone Pay as you go 1 SIM or you can opt-in by calling 41146 free from your Vodafone mobile.
- You'll need to top up a minimum of £5 in order to be able to use Pay as you go 1. Minimum top up required when a Pay as you go 1 SIM is purchased with a handset may be higher.
- Once you have activated your Vodafone Pay as you go 1 SIM or opted in you'll be charged at the Pay as you go 1 Flat Rate for the following: 20p per minute for calls to standard landline numbers (for the UK starting 01, 02, 03), mobiles and voicemail, 20p per text (includes SMS and MMS) and 20p for 5MB of data, within the UK and our Europe Zone ("Flat Rate Usage").
- As soon as you've spent £1 in a single day on Flat Rate Usage you'll qualify for unlimited minutes for calls to standard landline numbers (for the UK starting 01, 02, 03), mobiles and voicemail, unlimited texts (including SMS and MMS) and 500MB of data to use free of charge for the rest of the day within the UK and our Europe Zone. For a list of countries included in our Europe Zone.
- A "day" will be a calendar day from midnight to midnight (UK time or, if you are roaming in our Europe Zone, the time in the capital city of the country you are in). If you reach the qualifying spend of £1 in a single day you'll be able to use your unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB of data for that day.
- On Vodafone Pay as you go 1 your data allowance will be capped at 500MB a day, so you'll avoid any unexpected additional data charges. We will let you know if you are about to run out of data, so if you need more you can purchase an additional 500MB Data Extra to use for the rest of the day for £1. There are no out of bundle data charges for Vodafone Pay as you go 1.
- If you purchase a £1 500MB Data Extra it will only be valid until midnight on the day you purchase it. Any unused data will not rollover to the following day. Only one Data Extra may be purchased per day.
- You can only opt into Pay as you go 1 once per day. If you opt out you'll not be able to opt back in until the following day.
- Please note that Pay as you go 1 may not be activated on your Pay as you go account immediately after you opt in. You'll receive a text notification once Pay and you go 1 has been activated and is ready for you to use.
- Please note that the following are not included in your Vodafone Pay as you go 1 Flat Rate or your Pay as you go 1 call, text and data allowances and you'll incur additional charges if you use these services. Please see our Charges Guide below for further information:
Excluded Calls: Video calls, calls to premium rate non-geographic numbers, non-standard 07 number, directory enquiries, roaming calls outside our Europe Zone destinations, international calls and Freephone 05 numbers. If you make any Excluded Calls before you are connected you'll hear an automated message reminding you that the call is not included in the Flat Rate Usage and that you'll be charged extra. By continuing with the call you are accepting the additional charges. Please note that this functionality is only available when you are making calls from the UK and is not available when you make an Excluded Call whilst roaming in our Europe Zone or further afield.
Excluded Texts: international texts and MMS (i.e. texts and MMS sent in countries or to countries outside the UK and our Europe Zone and texts to premium rate numbers.)
Excluded Data: any data usage outside the UK and Europe Zone.
Please note that Excluded Usage will not count towards your qualifying £1 spend for unlimited minutes, texts and 500MB of data.
Who is eligible?
- Vodafone Pay as you go 1 is available to Pay as you go customers on Vodafone Simply, Smartstep and Smartplus price plans.
- Vodafone Pay as you go 1 cannot be used in conjunction with any Freebies or other tariffs. You may have a Big Value Bundle alongside Pay as you go 1, but different rates apply for out of bundle usage and your usage will not be capped. These rates can be found in our Pay as you go airtime conditions. If you opt in to Pay as you go 1 you'll automatically be opted out of your Big Value Bundle, Smartstep or Smartplus plan, Freebie, Extra or international bundle immediately and will lose any remaining allowances.
- Your Vodafone Pay as you go 1 unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 500MB of data can be used anywhere in our Europe Zone. You'll not be able to use your Vodafone Pay as you go 1 minutes, texts and data allowance outside the Europe Zone and any usage will be charged at standard Pay as you go roaming rates.
Please be aware
- Vodafone Pay as you go 1 is only for your personal, non-commercial use and subject to the Pay as you go airtime conditions and our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You'll not be charged on days when you do not use your phone, however, your phone may occasionally 'chatter' which will incur data costs. This is automatic and the only way to avoid it is to keep data turned off on your phone. Please see your phone manufacturer's guide for details on how to do this.
- We may vary or amend these terms at any time, but if it's to your disadvantage, we'll notify you.
Vodafone Pay as you go 1 promotion: Ends 30 September 2018. Get a £1 free credit when you purchase any Pay as you go 1 SIM pack containing a promotional sticker and top-up £5. £1 free credit is valid for first 30 days from top-up only and does not carry over.
Who are we? Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.
Version: January 2019