Wi-Fi Calling - make and receive calls without a phone signal
Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
We know there may be times when it’s hard to get a mobile signal – whether you’re in a rural location or a basement flat, on the London Underground or inside an old building with thick walls.
Wi-Fi Calling lets you make calls anywhere you have Wi-Fi, even when there’s no mobile signal. Just use your phone as normal – the person you’re calling doesn’t even need to have Wi-Fi Calling.
There’s no additional charge for using the Wi-Fi Calling service. All calls you make with it will come out of your plan’s allowance of minutes as usual.
To take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling, you need:
- A Pay monthly Red Extra or Red Entertainment plan, a Red or Red Value Bundle or Red+
- Business customers should refer to our Wi-Fi Calling for Business page to see compatible price plans and more information
- A compatible device:
- Samsung – Galaxy A3 (2016 and 2017), A5 (2016 and 2017), S6, S6 edge, S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+, Note8 and XCover 4
- iPhone – iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone SE
- Huawei – P10
- Sony – XZ Premium
- Vodafone – Smart ultra 7 and Smart platinum 7
No app to download
You don’t have to download an app. Switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings, check you’re connected to Wi-Fi and make and receive calls as normal.
No signal? No problem
We’ll automatically connect your call over Wi-Fi. So as long as you have a Wi-Fi connection, you can still make and receive calls as normal.
Inside or outside
If you have Vodafone Broadband, Wi-Fi Calling can get even better with beamforming technology sending a stronger signal to your phone – whether you’re in the kitchen or on the patio.
WiFi on the London Underground
Just switch on Wi-Fi in your settings and get online with WiFi on the London Underground in 150 London Underground stations – at no extra cost.