Wi-Fi Calling - make and receive calls without a phone signal
Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
We know there may be times when it’s hard to get a mobile signal – whether you’re in a rural location or a basement flat, on the London Underground or inside an old building with thick walls.
Wi-Fi Calling lets you make calls anywhere you have Wi-Fi, even when there’s no mobile signal. Just use your phone as normal – the person you’re calling doesn’t even need to have Wi-Fi Calling.
There’s no additional charge for using the Wi-Fi Calling service. All calls you make with it will come out of your plan’s minutes allowance as usual.
To take advantage of Wi-Fi Calling, you need:
- A Pay monthly Red Extra or Red Entertainment plan, a Red or Red Value Bundle, Red+, Business Value, Business Extra, Business Premier or Business Black
- A compatible device:
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone SE
- Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016 and 2017), A5 (2016 and 2017), S6, S6 edge, S7, S7 edge, S8, S8+, Note8 or XCover 4
- Vodafone Smart ultra 7 or Smart platinum 7
- The Vodafone Smart ultra 7 and Smart platinum 7 must have been bought directly from one of our stores, online, or over the phone from our telesales team, for Wi-Fi Calling to work
- Business customers also need to have bought their plan and phone directly from us. Red Sharer, One Net Business, One Net Enterprise and One Net Express plans aren’t eligible for Wi-Fi Calling
How to get Wi-Fi Calling
Are you ready to make and receive calls with Wi-Fi Calling?
Just follow the steps at these links:
No app to download
You don’t have to download an app. Switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings, check you’re connected to Wi-Fi and make and receive calls as normal.
No signal? No problem
We’ll automatically connect your call over Wi-Fi. So as long as you have a Wi-Fi connection, you can still make and receive calls as normal.
Inside or outside
If you have Vodafone Broadband, Wi-Fi Calling can get even better with beamforming technology sending a stronger signal to your phone – whether you’re in the kitchen or on the patio.
WiFi on the London Underground
Just switch on Wi-Fi in your settings and get online with WiFi on the London Underground in 150 London Underground stations – at no extra cost.