Pay as you go and Pay monthly Extras
Vodafone Pay as you go Extras
- Vodafone Pay as you go Extras are available to Pay as you go customers on Vodafone Simply, Vodafone Big Value Bundles and Freebies, Smartstep and Smartplus terms.
- To find out how to opt in to one of our Vodafone Pay as you go Extras and the amount of minutes, texts or data you'll get, please go to Pay as you go Extras
How it works
- Our Extras start on the day you buy them and automatically renew every 30 days, unless you opt out.
- The day the Extra is added to your account will count as the first day. It'll run out at 11.59pm UK time on the 30th day of the month.
- You'll need to make sure you've topped up with enough credit by 11.59pm on day 30 of your allowance so we can renew the Extra, we'll text you to confirm when it's been added. If you don't have enough credit when we try to take payment we'll send you a text to let you know we've been unable to process the Extra and ask you to top up.
- There may be a delay of up to two hours from 11.59pm on day 30 day before the Extra is added to your account. You can check your account at any time by calling 2345 free from your Vodafone mobile. If you don't have enough credit for your Extra and you've opted into Vodafone IOU, we'll use any IOU credit balance towards payment for your Extra.
- If you don't want your Extra to renew automatically, you'll need to opt out by texting the relevant code from the list below to 49500 for free from your Vodafone mobile.
- To opt out of the 500MB Extra Data, text STOPDATA;
- To opt out of the 2GB Extra Data, text STOP2GBDATA;
- To opt out of Extra Minutes, text STOPMINS;
- To opt out of Extra International Minutes, text STOPINTERNATIONAL;
- To opt out of Extra Texts, text STOPTEXTS;
- To opt out of Unlimited minutes and texts text STOPULTDEXTRA.
- You can opt out of the Extra at any time and if you opt out during the 30 days, your current Extra will end on the 30th day.
- Any unused Extra allowance (minutes, texts or data) won't carry over when your 30 day period ends. If you go over your Extra allowance or don't have another Freebie on your account, standard charges will apply. You can buy only one of each type of Extra at a time during a 30-day period.
Pay as you go 1 50MB Data Extra for £1
- Available to customers on Vodafone Pay as you go 1 only.
- Enables you to add an extra 50MB of data to your Pay as you go 1 data allowance to use for the rest of the day.
- To purchase a Pay as you go 1 50MB Data Extra, you can do it online, text DATA50 to 40514, call 2345 free from your Vodafone mobile or visit a Vodafone retail store.
- Your Pay as you go 1 50MB Data Extra will expire at 11:59pm on the day of purchase. Any unused data will not rollover to the next day.
- Only one Pay as you go 1 50MB Data Extra may be purchased at a time so only after exhausting one you can purchase another.
- You'll have to purchase a Pay as you go 1 50MB Data Extra each day as required if you exhaust your Pay as you go 1 data allowance, it will not automatically be renewed.
- There may be a delay of up to two hours before your Pay as you go 1 50MB Data Extra is added to your account. You can check your account at any time by calling 2345 free from your Vodafone mobile. If you don't have enough credit and you've opted into Vodafone IOU, we'll use any IOU credit balance towards payment for your Pay as you go 1 50MB Data Extra.
- Pay as you go 1 Terms apply to your use of Pay as you go 1 50MB Data Extra.
- If you change from Pay as you go to Pay monthly or vice versa you won't be able to carry across any unused minutes, texts and data from your original Extra.
- Extras can't be refunded or transferred. They're for your personal, non-commercial use and subject to the Pay as you go airtime agreement and charges guide
- We may vary or amend these terms, but if it's to your disadvantage, we'll notify you.
Vodafone Pay monthly Extras
Who can get roaming in Europe passes and what does it entitle me to?
Roaming in Europe is not included in your monthly plan if you took out your plan after 11 August 2021 (or after 29 September 2021 if you took out your plan through an indirect partner), and you're not on a pay monthly plan with 3 Xtra benefits or an Unlimited Max mobile broadband plan.
However, you are eligible to purchase an 8 or 15 day European roaming pass. For a discounted rate, you can use your plan abroad as you would at home. This is subject to a 25GB fair usage policy
How it works
To purchase an 8 or 15 day European Roaming pass, text 8DAYEUROPE to use your plan for 8 days at a charge of £10 or 15DAYEUROPE to use your plan for 15 days at a charge of £15 to 40506. Alternatively, purchase via your My Vodafone app or through your My Vodafone account.
Start of the 8 or 15 day period commences at point of activation. Note that out of bundle charges such as picture messages, premium calls or premium texts are not covered by this charge.
Use of 8/15 day passes is subject to the terms on this page and our Pay monthly contract terms and charges guide. We may vary or amend these terms, but if it's to your disadvantage we'll notify you.
Vodafone Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit lending and insurance distribution activity (Financial Services Register No. 712210) Registered in England and Wales. Company No 01471587. Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.
Version: April 2023