Requesting personal information

Subject Access Request

You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data that Vodafone holds about you under the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR) – you can do this as an individual or as an authorised party on behalf of another individual.

The easiest way is to log in to your My Vodafone account and tell us what information you would like.

We’ll then process your request and email you within one calendar month – make sure you check that the email address we have for you is up to date.

Before you make a request:

  • If you’re looking for copies of your bills or details of the plan you’re on, you can find these by logging into your My Vodafone account
  • We can only release information if it’s your personal data and we’re able to verify your identity, or you have written authorisation from the relevant individual
  • Read our guidance notes (PDF) to make sure you submit your SAR correctly


For us to act on your request, we need to be able to verify your identity. If you’re making a request on behalf of someone else, you need to have written authority to do so.

Log in to make your request

Log in and let us know what you’d like us to send you.

When we’ll respond

Once we receive your SAR, we’ll respond within calendar month. In some cases, we might need to extend this period. If that happens, we’ll let you know.

We’ll work as quickly as possible – but if you can give us start and end dates for the information you’re looking for, it’ll help us respond to you sooner.

You need to be registered

This applies to all Pay as you go customers.

If you're a Pay as you go customer who isn't registered with us, we can't verify your identity – so we wouldn't disclose any personal information without a court order. If you choose to register your account, you'll only be able to access information from the date you register and not before.

Please note: we don't hold Pay as you go call records for more than 12 months at any time, and these do not contain any cost breakdowns.

Other ways to ask for your data

Ask for your data by post by downloading and mailing our SAR form

To request by phone, just dial 191 free from your Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from any other mobile or landline.

If you’re a third party or solicitor acting on another person’s behalf, please post the completed SAR form along with the relevant signed authority.

Use our online form

Other ways to get information

Log in to My Vodafone to see:

  • Copies of your bills
  • Details of your plan, including start and end dates


You can also get proof of purchase (receipts) for mobile phones, and browse our terms and conditions