Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
How it works1. Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling (“Wi-Fi Calling”) is an integrated service that allows you to make and receive voice calls over a wireless internet connection such as your home broadband, office broadband or public Wi-Fi. This should help you to make voice calls in areas with low network coverage or no mobile signal.
2. By using Wi-Fi Calling you agree to accept these Terms. If you don’t agree with these terms please don’t use the service. Please see our FAQs for further details on how to enable Wi-Fi Calling on your device.
3. Your mobile phone will either have in-built settings to enable voice calls over Wi-Fi or you’ll receive a notification from its manufacturer about a software update. This will update the Settings on your mobile phone to include a Wi-Fi Calling option.
4. If you’re a pay monthly customer and eligible for the service, we’ll contact you (business customers will not be contacted). You’ll need to connect your phone to a Wi-Fi network and turn on Wi-Fi Calling in your phones settings. Once connected, your phone will automatically connect to a Wi-Fi network and allow Wi-Fi Calling. You’ll see “Vodafone Wi-Fi” or an icon on your mobile phone screen. You should then be able to make voice calls over Wi-Fi.
5. Emergency services: Please note that if you make a 999 call when using Wi-Fi Calling, your phone will attempt to make that call using a normal mobile network. If there’s no mobile network available, the call will be routed over Wi-Fi and the emergency services won’t be able to identify your location automatically.
Who can get Wi-Fi Calling?
6. This is only available to our Pay monthly customers and business customers on Red Bundles, Red Value Bundles and Red+, and business customers on Business Premier. Unfortunately One Net plans are excluded from Wi-Fi Calling. You must have an eligible mobile phone and good access to a wireless internet connection.
7. If you are a Pay monthly customer, you must be 18 years old or over, or have permission from your parent or guardian to enter into these terms.
Charges8. Any voice calls made with Wi-Fi Calling will use your usual UK bundle allowances. If you exceed your UK allowances, you’ll be charged at your standard UK call rates for making calls over Wi-Fi. If you are a Pay monthly customer, find out more about our standard call charges. If you’re a Pay monthly business customer, find out more about your call charges.
9. Voice calls over Wi-Fi use a wireless internet connection, so in addition to the standard call charges above, you’ll also use data of the wireless network you’re connected to. This means you remain liable for any data charges incurred for this usage.
10. Calls made over Wi-Fi will appear on your bill as your usual monthly UK minute allowance.
Roaming11. The use of Wi-Fi Calling whilst roaming is prohibited and is not supported.. However, in certain circumstances it may be possible to enable Wi-Fi Calling whilst abroad and where used additional charges will apply.
12. If you’re a Pay monthly consumer customer and make calls over Wi-Fi to a mobile or landline number within the country you’re roaming in, your call will be charged at our standard international rates (business customers should check their standard international rates) and will be treated as a call from the UK to an international number. A pre-call announcement will play prior to connecting your call to remind you of this charge.
13. Unless we tell you otherwise, Vodafone EuroTraveller, Vodafone WorldTraveller and other international add-ons or international bundles won’t apply if you only make calls over Wi-Fi whilst travelling abroad. However, if you use data on your phone, or call or text UK standard mobiles not using Wi-Fi whilst travelling abroad, then any international bundle on your account will be triggered in the usual way.
Ending or changing Wi-Fi Calling14. You can deactivate the Wi-Fi Calling option in your Settings
15. We may suspend, end or change Wi-Fi Calling for any reason, including where repair or maintenance work is needed. We can withdraw Wi-Fi Calling, but will provide at least 30 days’ notice if we do so.
Please be aware16. We’ll provide this service using reasonable skill and care but our ability to provide Wi-Fi Calling is dependent upon the Wi-Fi network, as well as the general availability of the public telecommunications network. You acknowledge that there are factors outside of our control which will limit our ability to provide this service to you.
17. We also cannot guarantee specific levels of performance and the call quality will depend on the number of other devices connected to the wireless internet connection.
18. Please note that calls made over Wi-Fi will be disconnected if the Wi-Fi signal is no longer available and you’ll need to redial to continue with your call through our normal mobile network.
19. We reserve the right to block communications over Wi-Fi networks, for example, in order to prevent fraud where required by court order.
20. You must tell us immediately of any breach of security or unauthorised use of your mobile phone. We won’t be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorised use of your account. Also, we won’t be responsible for any loss or damage that we or you couldn’t reasonably expect at the time you first began to use Wi-Fi Calling which is out of our control.
21. If you are a Pay monthly customer, use of Wi-Fi Calling is subject to these terms, our Airtime Conditions and Price Plan Charges Guide. If you are a business customer, use of Wi-Fi Calling is subject to these terms, our General Terms and your applicable Price Plan Guide. We may vary or amend these terms, but if it's to your disadvantage we'll notify you. For more details about Wi-Fi Calling visit www.vodafone.co.uk/Wi-Fi Calling.
22. Who are we? Wi-Fi Calling is provided by Vodafone Limited, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.
Version: December 2017