Terms and conditions
Delivery and returns policy
If you’ve ordered or bought a Vodafone Pay as you go device, a Pay monthly device and plan and/or the Vodafone Broadband and Home Phone Service (together, the “Services”), this policy tells you:
- How you’ll receive any mobile device, broadband router, accessories or similar equipment (the “Equipment”) so you can use our Services
- About our 30-day returns policy
- How to cancel the Services after 30 days
- How do I return the Equipment. What if I’ve lost it, damaged it or forgotten to disable a security feature?
- How to pay for the Equipment if it’s lost, damaged, locked or you want to buy it
- How to let us know if your Equipment or Services are faulty
We can deliver your Equipment to your billing address, installation address (for broadband) or (for mobile device Equipment) to a Vodafone store in the UK and Northern Ireland. We can’t change any details once you’ve placed your order.
If you’ve chosen home delivery, someone may need to be in to sign for it. We’ll let you know if this is the case, otherwise it'll go back to your local courier (DPD) or Royal Mail depot, and the driver will leave a card with details of how to collect it, or rearrange delivery.
If you don’t receive your Equipment, please contact us on 03333 040 191 (standard call charges apply).
2. Our 30-day returns policy
This gives you 30 days to change your mind, whatever the reason.
If you cancel within 30 days from when you received the Equipment, you won’t need to see out your minimum term or pay an early-termination charge. Other charges may apply for use of the Services until you cancel your order.
Extended returns policy for Christmas 2017:
Customers who purchase between 1 November 2017 and 24 December 2017 will be able to return their product until 25 January 2018. Returnable products include orders containing any mobile devices, phones, tablets, or accessories (excludes Vodafone Broadband). You'll need to return the product to us, in its original packaging, undamaged and complete with all of its original accessories. Any free or discounted promotional products received must also be included.
Our 30-day returns policy doesn’t apply to:
- Pay as you go Services (although you’ll be able to return the mobile device)
- Business customers. Please speak to your account manager or Prime Contact for details
- Digital items and unsealed software such as music and games which have been unsealed, downloaded or used
- Equipment or Services ordered from another company (like Carphone Warehouse) - you’ll have to go back to them to find out what to do
You can use our 30-day returns policy for each of the Services or Equipment once every 12 months.
3. How do I cancel my order?
To make a claim under our 30-day returns policy, you’ll need to tell us that you want to cancel your Service(s). To do this:
- For mobile Equipment and Services returns, simply contact us on 03333 040 191 (or 033333 048 069 for accessories) to confirm your cancellation. Standard call charges apply. Alternatively you can write to us at: Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN or complete our cancellation form, print it out and send it to us at the address provided on the form.
- For broadband returns, please get in touch on 08080 034 515 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles). We’ll need your name, account number, address, telephone number and other personal information. Please have this to hand.
4. How do I return the Equipment. What if I’ve lost it, damaged it or forgotten to disable a security feature?
You’ll need to return any Equipment (such as your mobile device, Vodafone Broadband router or accessories) we’ve supplied you. If your purchase was made in store, just pop into your nearest Vodafone store with your Equipment and proof of purchase, and our retail advisers will be able to help you. Unfortunately, you can’t take a Broadband router back to any of our stores.
Alternatively, we’ll send you a pre-paid envelope which will arrive in 2-5 days. Put all the Equipment that came with your order into the envelope(s) and post it to us, making sure that all items are protected and boxed securely. We’ll then complete your cancellation request and close your account for the Service(s) you’ve cancelled.
All Equipment must still be in a like-new condition (including, where applicable, device, charger, headphones, battery, instructions, and other components). It must also include any other free or promotional items provided to you as part of the offer (for example, free earphones, device facias, etc.). We’ll accept fair wear and tear.
Like-new condition means:
- The Equipment must be fully functional
- Casing must have no damage such as cracks, chips or visible signs of wear and tear that isn’t reasonable for the age of the Equipment
- Screens must be working and have no damage (such as cracks, or visible signs of wear and tear) that isn’t reasonable for the age of the Equipment
- The Equipment must not be registered as lost or stolen
You must remove any security and other protective features (such as Find my iPhone) that prevent us from accessing the Equipment.
If the Apple iPhone and/or IPad is running iOS 7 or later, we won’t be able to give you a refund and you will be charged and invoiced for the full amount of the Equipment unless you’ve deactivated its ‘Find my iPhone’ feature. For instructions on how to do this, please visit support.apple.com/kb/HT5818
Find out more about how we assess and charge for missing, damaged or locked Equipment.
5. What do I have to pay if I cancel within the 30-day returns period?
If you cancel your order or Services before the end of the 30-day returns period and we’ve started to provide you with any of the Services, you may lose any offers or discounts that may have been applied to other services you’ve decided to keep. In addition, you’ll need to pay for:
- Any line rental (including extras and/or add on Services) on a pro rata basis; and
- Any use of the Services not covered by the line rental (international calls, roaming, premium rate calls, for example), for the period up to the date your Service(s) is/are disconnected
You’ll also need to pay for any one-off up-front costs in respect of any activation, installation or other Service and maintenance fees you’ve agreed to in order to obtain any of the Services. These charges will have been provided to you in your order form or charges guide.
If the Equipment was delivered to you, we’ll also refund the standard postage costs, if applicable, that you paid for delivery of the Equipment.
It’s your responsibility to ensure that you don’t use the Services once you’ve notified us of your cancellation. If you continue to use the Services once you’ve notified us, you’ll be charged.
6. What do I have to pay if I cancel after the 30-day returns period?
If you change your mind after the 30-day returns period, you’ll need to give us 30 days’ notice and pay an early termination fee. More information, including how to calculate your early termination fee, is provided in the charges guide for each Service.
7. Faulty products
What do I do if my Equipment or Service is faulty?
If a fault occurs in the first 30 days after purchase, please get in touch as we’ll need to check and test the Equipment for you. If this confirms a fault, we’ll contact you to discuss your options – you can have it repaired, replaced or simply return it. If you have an issue with your Broadband router, we’ll replace it.
After 30 days, we’ll try and repair the Equipment for you. We’ll let you know about any charges beforehand. If it’s covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, you won’t be charged for this. If we take your Equipment away for a repair, you may be able to borrow another similar item while you wait for yours to be repaired.
Please note that damage to Equipment isn’t covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. If it’s damaged rather than faulty, we’ll let you know how much the repair or replacement will cost.
8. Your rights