Getting started with mobile data
Take the web with you
It’s great to have the freedom to email and browse the web wherever there’s a Vodafone signal. You can check your email while you relax on the beach, update Facebook without leaving your comfy chair or catch up on your favourite TV shows on the bus.
How do I get started with mobile data?
- Find out if there’s a Vodafone mobile phone signal in the places you’re most likely to go online. You can do this with our handy UK coverage checker
- Choose the device you want to connect – and what you need to connect it.
- Choose how you want to pay. Whether you want to go online a little or a lot on Pay monthly or Pay as you go, we’ve got an option to suit you.
How do I pay for mobile data?
- Pay as you go – there’s no monthly commitment. Just buy more UK data when you need it
- Occasional user – pay £3 a month, then £2 for an extra 250MB of UK data each day you use it
- 30-day SIM only plan – there's no need to top up, and you can cancel with just 30 days’ notice
- 12- and 24-month bundles – get loads of UK data to use on your tablet, or with a dongle if you have a laptop
What’s the best data bundle for me?
If you don’t use UK data on your mobile device every month - and don’t want a monthly commitment - Pay as you go is right for you.
But if you do use data regularly and you’ve got a good credit rating, you should choose one of our Pay monthly bundles.
If you take out a Pay monthly bundle, you’ll get a UK data allowance. This is the amount of data you can use each month and is measured in gigabytes (GB). The more you do online, the more data you’ll use. So if you think you might do a lot of browsing, downloading and emailing, it’s worth picking a bundle with a larger allowance - you can choose from 1GB up to 5GB.
How can I control my mobile data costs on Pay as you go?
You just pay for what you use. With a Pay monthly bundle, your costs are fixed unless you go over your UK data allowance. We’ll let you know if you’re likely to go over your limit - and we’ll explain your options too.
How quickly will I get online?
When you’re in an area with a strong 4G signal, you can expect faster speeds. The number of people connected to our network at the same time also affects these speeds.
Check out our helpful hints and tips on coverage and speed
Can I use mobile data abroad?
On your iPad or tablet
It’s easy to get online on your iPad or tablet - at home or on the move. And we’ve got bundles to suit every need and budget.